Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what ever happened the las vegas desert classic?

Options
  • 04-12-2014 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭

as above, last i remember few year ago it was dwn to a half hour highlights

what year did it finish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Finished in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Don't think it was ever really popular with the American audience. Remember watching it and there wouldn't be many people there at all.

Probably didn't help that it was broadcast at like 11am over there for the British audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

prob 1 of the few failures of the pdc in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

it got lost in a sandstorm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

That soft tipped electronic crap seems to be bigger stateside than regular darts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I think one of the problems was that it was held at lunchtime in Vegas so it would be on around 8pm in the UK, this meant that primarily the crowds going to the games were UK tourists either already out there or those who decided to head to Vegas to watch the darts. There was very little US crowds at the event and it moved too smaller venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

sc86 wrote: »
    as above, last i remember few year ago it was dwn to a half hour highlights

what year did it finish?

Its hiding in Phil Taylors basement

Advertisement