Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend away for large group

Options
  • 04-12-2014 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am trying to organise a weekend away for a large group (70-90 people) for March 2015.
    We are pretty easy on location but the 'ideal' would be:

-self catering houses/apartments
    -located near or in a big town (wexford, athlone, KK, galway etc)
    - within about 2 hours drive from Dublin

I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on accommodation, or experience that might come in handy?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

JM12345 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am trying to organise a weekend away for a large group (70-90 people) for March 2015.
    We are pretty easy on location but the 'ideal' would be:

-self catering houses/apartments
    -located near or in a big town (wexford, athlone, KK, galway etc)
    - within about 2 hours drive from Dublin

I am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on accommodation, or experience that might come in handy?

Thanks,

Crikey, I organised a trip abroad for near on 30pax & thought that was a large group but this 70-90people :confused:

Okay, Do you need a conference centre? A hall of sorts for this gathering of people?

Would this not then be your priority and the costings of renting out same?
    Bringing such a large quantity of people away & having an area big enough for them to mix & mingle once arrived - that a necessity?

Once that's solved, people should be able to find their own accommodation near that location, or you could provide listings with contacts for them; options for dining and also research the means of getting to & fro location also. Provide a Welcome Pack of sorts for people in person or via e-mail.

OR

Is this just a random movement of people and it's not necessary that they all meet up once arrived & gather in large numbers at chosen location during this week-end away?

Curious about this tbh,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JM12345

Thanks for responding. Probably should have been a bit more descriptive...

Its just basically a big group of friends going somewhere for the weekend for a laugh. We did similar last year in carrick on shannon and had hood self catering house which were pretty much set up to cater for group like us or smaller group. Was hoping for any suggestiins on similar places as ideally would like somewhere different than last yr.

Advertisement