Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday

Options
  • 04-12-2014 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭

Have one in the 2:20 at Clonmel that I think is quite interesting. Merrion Row romped home in a bumper a few years back, beating horses that are going onto do decent things, notably Devils Pride which has had a very impressive record. Today sees Davy Russell take the ride with the horse stepped back down to 2m in what looks a very winnable beginners chase. It's really that basis that I find myself drawn to this one. Favourite Rafi De Triana has been competitive off poor enough handicaps, while the experience should stand to it, if Merrion Row shows anywhere near the class that it is capable of, it should go very close here. Opened last night as high as 11/1, 7/1 widely available now and looks like that price can only go shorter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Have one in the 2:20 at Clonmel that I think is quite interesting. Merrion Row romped home in a bumper a few years back, beating horses that are going onto do decent things, notably Devils Pride which has had a very impressive record. Today sees Davy Russell take the ride with the horse stepped back down to 2m in what looks a very winnable beginners chase. It's really that basis that I find myself drawn to this one. Favourite Rafi De Triana has been competitive off poor enough handicaps, while the experience should stand to it, if Merrion Row shows anywhere near the class that it is capable of, it should go very close here. Opened last night as high as 11/1, 7/1 widely available now and looks like that price can only go shorter.

Was travelling well when went down hard to know but he probably would have gone close his jumping was great until the fall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Sorry for the late notice but a friend of mine is at Clonmel and he says that he just heard the trainer of Leap Dearg say: "if he jumps round he wins". Not good odds but I had 20 euro on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Spot Fine had a fatal fall. Hate to see that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Was travelling well when went down hard to know but he probably would have gone close his jumping was great until the fall.
    Thought after the second favourite fell and the favourite was struggling that it was in :( Still, into the notebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    Sorry for the late notice but a friend of mine is at Clonmel and he says that he just heard the trainer of Leap Dearg say: "if he jumps round he wins". Not good odds but I had 20 euro on it.

Fair play for posting, only seeing it now, hope you did well out of it

• Advertisement
Advertisement