Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxes for senting presents

Options
  • 04-12-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Howdy, I can't seem to find a package to send some gifts by post. The GPO had small (2kg) or large (20kg) boxes. I need something around 4-5kg. Easons had either something i could fit a CD into, or something i could fit my torso into. Anyone seen any handy boxes around? I'd be looking for something around twice the size of the an post Small (maybe they do a medium, but they didn't have any there).
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Loads of pampers nappy boxes at my house... know anybody with babies?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Not in Cork, but i might poke around and see what i can scavenge here at work!
    ALso, just noticed the typo in the title:/

dibkins wrote: »
    Not in Cork, but i might poke around and see what i can scavenge here at work!

Can I ask why on earth you posted this in the Cork City regional forum then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

pwurple wrote: »
    Can I ask why on earth you posted this in the Cork City regional forum then?

Maybe he meant he doesn't know anyone in Cork with babies

Yup, don't know any babies in Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Get a Fyffe's banana box from Superfruit for €5.00. :pac:

Na, about half that size, and with a lid! I do love the look of them all stacked up in there though!

mordeith wrote: »
    Maybe he meant he doesn't know anyone in Cork with babies

Oopsie! That makes more sense alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

You could always try EuroGiant and dealz. I usually get boxes from EuroGiant when I send stuff to New Zealand and I think there's a few different size choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Tesco usually has a good range of box sizes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭.red.

Theres a shop on washinton street that sells boxes. Think its called postbox or something like that? Its at the opposite end of the street to the grand parade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Tesco sell them for about a euro or two, they are green boxes with a white label area to put the address in and come flat packed.

Awesome, i'll pop over Washington street over the weekend, and if not to mahon or wilton some evening then (I couldn't see any in Paul's street Tesco, or was i just missing? )
    Pound shops were a no last weekend (actually, not sure if i was in a eurogiant), as was Tiger!
    Thanks for the help, hope this gets me sorted:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

I should be paid for promoting them but the second hand store down on centre park road sell boxes for packing and all that goes might help, also argos sell them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Also if you get badly stuck we have loads of boxes in work we use to send out things they are free so tis grand.. youd have to wrap them to pretty them up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Maybe call into a shoe shop and ask do they have any spare boxes that boots came in etc. Often people don't take the boxes with them when they buy shops. You could buy some cheap wrapping paper and wrap the outside of the box.

Tesco it was, thanks for all the help:)

Advertisement