Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Allowance Payments over Christmas.

Options
  • 03-12-2014 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

This is the first Christmas I have been paid Rent Allowance so I'm Curious to how it works.
    I get paid by cheque every month.
    The payment is issued on the last Tuesday of every month and then I receive cheque in the post that Thursday.
    So, Decembers rent allowance is due to be issued on 30th/December and I'm due to receive it in the post on the 1st of January which is a bank holiday and therefore no post, my rent is due the 28th of December and its just unacceptable to ask my landlord to wait until the 2nd of January if the Allowance is going to be issued that late. Normally I would pay the balance from my savings if the allowance was late and then just put the Allowance back to my savings, but this side of Christmas there is no savings left...
    Sorry for the Mammoth post but my question is
    Does Rent Allowance normally get issued Earlier in December?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Are you sure on those dates? I get mine paid straight into my bank account, but I'm due it to be issued Tuesday 23rd (to be paid Monday 22nd according to the arrangements). Last date of issue was November 25th.

It comes in a four-weekly cycle as opposed to the last Tuesday of every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Sparkly Blonde

You have literally made my xmas! in september it was sent a week early and i never figured out why now i realise it was four weeks from the last one! Im so happy right now! xx

Advertisement