Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part Time creche - how much ?

Options
  • 03-12-2014 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Hi
    I am wondering if anyone has an idea of how much part time childcare fees in a standard creche are?

Both my daughters are in full time childcare currently at around 1,000 euro a month each (small discount for second child)

My wife is thinking about going part time with work, and wondering what would be the 'rough' cost of 3.5 days and/or 4 days in a creche ?

I am just trying to gauge a price before I discuss it with the creche manager and see what they are willing to come back with, if anything ?

thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

In the creche beside work the 4 day rate is a 10% discount on the 5 day rate. But here are some examples http://www.whitefriarscreche.ie/general_information.php
    http://www.safarichildcare.ie/index.php/locations-contact-us/rathmines-childcare-creche

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭gnf_ireland

Yes it is South County Dublin

Looking at your examples, Safari has a 5% surcharge on a 3 day week [charging 65% of the full fee] and the other has a 13% surcharge on a 2.5 day week.

So at a guess, I think I would expect to pay something like 80% full fees for a 3.5 day week and maybe 87.5% for a 4 day week - or at least that as a starting position :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Yes it is South County Dublin

Looking at your examples, Safari has a 5% surcharge on a 3 day week [charging 65% of the full fee] and the other has a 13% surcharge on a 2.5 day week.

So at a guess, I think I would expect to pay something like 80% full fees for a 3.5 day week and maybe 87.5% for a 4 day week - or at least that as a starting position :)

Not necessarily, crèches don't really offer any sort of discount for less days, they still have to cover the staff as are unlikely to get someone who wants the days you don't. When my eldest started crèche, the fee for 4 days was 1029 and 5 days was 1079, 50 more! Now I know in other places we looked at the reduction was more substantial than that. But even when she reduced down to 2 days we were still paying 500!

Thanks - guess I will have to ask them and see what they will consider !

Thanks for your answers so far

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Thanks - guess I will have to ask them and see what they will consider !

Thanks for your answers so far

No problem and just realised that 2 days were 599 not 500, it's crazy to think what I could do with that money now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I paid 800 for a 3 day week for one and 1520 was the price for 2 .
    You may find that creches will only offer you a 3 or 5 day option .

Thanks for all the advice on this !

Advertisement