Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An post attempted delivery

Options
  • 03-12-2014 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I ordered a package online and using the online tracking it says there was an attempt at delivery today and then it's gone back to the depot. Problem is there was no delivery note left and is it possible that they may re-attempt delivery? Or should I assume to go collect it tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Similar thing happened to me recently, i contacted both An Post and the company I ordered from, the company contacted An Post themselves. It turned out my package had gone in the wrong post van to a different post code, so the "attempted" and "failed" deliveries and the "return to depot" updates were just automated and it was delivered to me the following day. An Post didn't respond for two weeks :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Aber2012

rawn wrote: »
    Similar thing happened to me recently, i contacted both An Post and the company I ordered from, the company contacted An Post themselves. It turned out my package had gone in the wrong post van to a different post code, so the "attempted" and "failed" deliveries and the "return to depot" updates were just automated and it was delivered to me the following day. An Post didn't respond for two weeks :rolleyes:
    I see... I think I will wait and see if it's delivered tomorrow, the depot is really awkward to get to so I'd rather not have a wasted trip! And it was just unusual that there was no delivery note left by the postman! Anyways thanks for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

rawn wrote: »
    An Post didn't respond for two weeks :rolleyes:

Its not for An Post to respond to you - your contract is with the sender. If the sender has an account with An Post they will have an account manager to contact and will get info immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

An Post have the most ignorant people on the planet working in their "customer services" department in my opinion.

Package arrives in from China addressed to Parcel Motel, Co. Antrim, Ireland as it's "UK" rather than "Ireland" they send it back to China !!! Which costs more Antrim or China? to post it back to, suppose An post don't give a toss as they'll just get more funding from the state.

Ignorant pratt on the phone that hangs up when you ask a simple question - what a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

@vicwatson: write helpful posts only please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

vicwatson wrote: »
    An Post have the most ignorant people on the planet working in their "customer services" department in my opinion.

Package arrives in from China addressed to Parcel Motel, Co. Antrim, Ireland as it's "UK" rather than "Ireland" they send it back to China !!! Which costs more Antrim or China? to post it back to, suppose An post don't give a toss as they'll just get more funding from the state.

Ignorant pratt on the phone that hangs up when you ask a simple question - what a knob.

Do you think that An Post should provide a free forwarding service for misaddressed parcels?

Beano wrote: »
    Do you think that An Post should provide a free forwarding service for misaddressed parcels?

No I dont but it has to be cheaper to send it to antrim than china.

No I dont but it has to be cheaper to send it to antrim than china.

The return to sender of undeliverable items is covered under Universal Postal Union regulations. The forwarding of mail meant for northern ireland is not covered so An Post would have to cover this out of their own pockets or else come to some arrangement with royal mail. Either way its extra effort/money for An Post for parcels they see no money from so why should they.

You mean an post would cover this to antrim out of our taxpayers pockets, so who pays for it to get back to China? Its extra effort/money to get it back to china.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

How were An Post in the equation?

For stuff I've gotten from Parcel Motel it's been

China -> Parcel Motel Antrim -> Finglas Parcel Motel depot -> Local Parcel Motel Box -> Me

I thought Parcel Motel got the items to their depot in Finglas and then sent them out in their vans to the local boxes. If that was the case An Post wouldn't touch the box.

Am I wrong there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Posters, let's stick to the topic of this thread which attempted deliveries by An Post, not wrongly addressed mail or Parcel Motel. Thanks.

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Posters, let's stick to the topic of this thread which attempted deliveries by An Post, not wrongly addressed mail or Parcel Motel. Thanks.

Apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

slimjimmc wrote: »
    @vicwatson: write helpful posts only please.

I have to agree with vicwarson.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057332753

Lie through their teeth saying they attempted delivery.

Chris___ wrote: »
    I have to agree with vicwarson.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057332753

Lie through their teeth saying they attempted delivery.

He didnt mention anything about An Post making attempted deliveries so in what way was he correct about the topic of the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

OP did you get your parcel?
    I've had terrible problems in the past with an post.
    A couple of times the delivery note wasn't pushed all the way through so it got stolen.
    Some postmen don't like carrying the parcel back and leave it with neighbours.
    If you contact the customer services department and are really nice, they will contact the depot for you and get back once they've checked for your address.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Aber2012

I got my parcel the next day... I received the delivery note the next day in post box and went to the post Office Depot. I have to say that I have nothing against An Post, quite the opposite really, I was just wondering why there was no delivery note. usually with parcels they have come to deliver after 5pm or later some evenings assuming they accommodate people who are working 9-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Aber2012 wrote: »
    I got my parcel the next day... I received the delivery note the next day in post box and went to the post Office Depot. I have to say that I have nothing against An Post, quite the opposite really, I was just wondering why there was no delivery note. usually with parcels they have come to deliver after 5pm or later some evenings assuming they accommodate people who are working 9-5.

That's good! Nothing worse than a lost parcel...especially at Christmas time :)

Advertisement