Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon doesn't ship PCs to Ireland?

Options
  • 03-12-2014 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

A very odd thing happened, I wanted to buy a PC on Amazon (sold & shipped by Amazon), but for some I get a message "Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Ireland". Checked other PCs and the same message comes up. I bought 5 or 6 PCs (among all other things) in the last couple years without any problems. Can anyone shed a light on this as it seems very strange. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

this has come up here before. I think the explanation was that the size of them made shipping to ireland impractical for amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

A very odd thing happened, I wanted to buy a PC on Amazon (sold & shipped by Amazon), but for some I get a message "Sorry, we can't deliver this item to Ireland". Checked other PCs and the same message comes up. I bought 5 or 6 PCs (among all other things) in the last couple years without any problems. Can anyone shed a light on this as it seems very strange. Thanks

You could always use parcel motel with the northern ireland address but obviously it will cost you for this sevice, but it is a work around for companies that only post to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ezdmanx

I posted about this a few weeks ago. I cant paste urls so search "Why have Amazon stopped delivering PC's to Ireland?"

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thepresident

Update: ships now again, at least All-In-One's, not sure about tower PCs though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You could always use parcel motel with the northern ireland address
    Lots of stuff not coming here cannot go to NI either, as its not mainland UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201337930
    UK Delivery Restrictions
    Due to specific handling and storage requirements for hazardous materials, we're unable to deliver certain products to addresses outside of mainland UK. Some items of this nature are available for delivery to mainland European locations, only. This includes, but isn't limited to, the following:

Combustible, explosive, flammable, or corrosive materials,
    Certain batteries, cleaners, or fuel,
    Alcohol,
    Age-restricted bladed products,
    Aerosol items,
    Many beauty items including hair dyes, perfumes, nail polish and mascara,
    Certain sunscreens,
    Alcohol-based marker pens,
    Certain adhesives, and
    Insecticides and air fresheners.
    Additionally, large items, such as those that are 30kg or heavier, items that have large boxes (typically larger than 100cm x 60cm x 58cm) e.g. some widescreen televisions, furniture or some fitness equipment, and high value jewellery and watches can only be delivered to mainland UK addresses. Here's a list of locales considered outside mainland UK, and how they'll appear in the product detail page messaging:

BFPO
    Channel Islands
    UK Islands, including:
    Hebrides
    Isle of Arran & Curran
    Isles of Eigg, Rum & Canna
    Isle of Harris
    Isle of Man
    Isle of Skye
    Isle of Wight
    Orkney
    Scilly Isles
    Shetland
    Northern Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭irishgeo

rubadub wrote: »
    Lots of stuff not coming here cannot go to NI either, as its not mainland UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201337930

Is it to do with the bios batteries

Advertisement