Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DiscCon

Options
  • 03-12-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking of heading to DiscCon 2015. Has anyone gone to any of the previous ones? Is there generally enough going on to fill the four days, or is it more of a four-day event in the sense of Friday night and Monday Monday morning rather than there being stuff on all those days?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nimfinkler

Hi. I've been to the previous Idwcon (as asussiming from the year that's what you're referring to) and while I would say that most of what happensm does happen between friday afternoon/evening to
    Monday afternoon - at this stage the convention has built up enough followers that it will unofficially be a gathering from Thursday night 'til Tuesday morning. I don't know what this years schedule is like but there's usually a few things happening from Friday afternoon. Check it out on Facebook for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Thanks for that! Have booked the weekend off work, but am still slightly trepidatious about booking my tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

kylith wrote: »
    Thanks for that! Have booked the weekend off work, but am still slightly trepidatious about booking my tickets.

Well, I'll be there... If that helps! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Are you planning on cosplaying or anything?

I've actually never been to any kind of Con before and I'd love to try cosplay. Is it a faux pas to step outside the theme of the Con, do you know?

Advertisement