Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robin Hobb - Soldier Son Trilogy

Options
  • 03-12-2014 5:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Any good? I've had Book 1 staring at me from the shelf for a while now & thinking of giving it a go..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Book one was ok. After that... well, I'd be interested to see an alternative perspective, keep the thread updated as you go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Starokan

I finished the series but I really did not like it , book one was okay, it would keep your interest but after that it nosedived for me. I remember feeling a bit disappointed as I think the farseer trilogy was just outstanding and I had read that first so expected more.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Spaniel heaven

First book had great promise, then it just went ....bla

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭blackwave

Not a patch on the Farseer Trilogy. The first book was decent but after that it just ran out of steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

blackwave wrote: »
    Not a patch on the Farseer Trilogy. The first book was decent but after that it just ran out of steam.

I don't think it ran out of steam - more like the author had a deliver of some mind altering substances!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It was incredibly depressing, even by Robin Hobb standards, definitely her poorest work with a story that felt dragged out and a resolution that was rather obvious. The main character, who's name escapes me, had nothing going for him which didn't help create much interest in his story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I'm a huge fan of hers. Lover everything she has done bar this series. I read the first two books, got 1/3 of the way through the last, got distracted and never picked it up. I'll forgive her though, can't fault may thing else she has done. Been listening to her audiobooks in work and enjoying her work as much as I did the first time.

Advertisement