Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social welfare home visit

Options
  • 03-12-2014 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi i've recieved a letter from social welfare saying they are calling for a home visit , there are no reasons stated as to the purpose of the visit , my circumstances havent changed at all, does any one have any experience of this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

I am on JA for a long time and had a home visit last month but was not given any warning, she just turned up. It is a routine check. Questions I was asked included...

Did I have a partner? Ever have a partner? How much was my rent? Do I have a car? How/why did I come to Ireland? Do I have relatives in Ireland?

A few other questions I forget but it ended with a look at my bank statement.

Nothing to worry about. Would be a bit strange if they didn't do these checks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you've nothing to hide then don't be worried. They're just making sure you live where you say you do and that you're not living with anybody you're not supposed to.

Advertisement