Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patrick Street - Taxis available 6:30am Fri\Sat\Sun?

Options
  • 02-12-2014 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

Are there Taxis freely available on Patrick Street around 6:30am, on Fri\Sat\Sun, or would it be safer to just book one each morning?

It's not a big deal but I would rather just stroll over and hop into a cab if it's available rather than waiting on a booking,

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tzarkahn

I am in the city about 06:05 in the mornings, I have seen cabs about at this time, certainly up by the Centra/McDonalds at the top of Washington St.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

The Hailo app is your friend. You can quickly see if there is a Hailo taxi nearby and decide to hail it. If there's none nearby, walk in to town and try and get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Ya, get the hailo app. Really handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Thanks for the replies,

I am, unfortunately, smartphoneless; I just have a basic Nokia at the moment,

I'll probably just head in early on Friday to scout it out and then ask the driver what the story is for the weekend mornings.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I finish work at that time and there is almost always taxis around, particularly on grand parade by centra and mcdonalds. You should be fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement