Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert Music? (practical and theory)

Options
  • 02-12-2014 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Iv just finished my junior cert and I'm currently in 5th year. Since I don't do music In school (we do not have it as a subject) I was wondering what the requirements were to do it for leaving cert? Do I need to have specific grades for both practical and theory to be able to do it as a subject in the leaving cert or...?

Also how many pieces would I have to perform In the exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Peg14

There's somewhere on examinations.ie that explains everything you need to know about the practical. In general however if you decide to play 4 pieces (and technology) then they would need to be of a grade 5, definitely at least 4 standard. If you decide to play 6, grade 6/7/8

Past exams in theory not necessary at all to do subject. Ofcourse music exam has harmony, melodies, set works just like jc, aural skills and Irish music.

No requirements for lc music but u will need a good standard achieved in instrument/voice. Jc music will be a big help but not necessary.

Advertisement