Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobseekers Allowance: Xmas Bonus = change of payment date?

Options
  • 02-12-2014 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I've been claiming Jobseekers Allowance for a couple of years now, whilst making a concerted effort to find a job.

Usually this paid on Tuesday.

However, when i went to post office today, was told there's no record of any payment
    pending for this week at all, and if there's still nothing there tomorrow, i should go talk
    my local social welfare office.

Is there any possibility the payment date has been changed because of the bonus?

Or is it far more likely there's something more serious afoot?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

I get paid on Tuesday's and mine was in the post office today.

Go see your DSP local office.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 greengrass11

This is hard to answer conclusively but:

What are the odds this is human error, rather than me being penalised?

I'm leaning towards it being the second, but I've kept records of every job i applied for, invitations to interviews, and i've been through
    the Jobridge program as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Did you miss signing day last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

dave1982 wrote: »
    Did you miss signing day last week?

My money was there today as usual plus 25%.

Last sign in day was several weeks ago, and i was there. Even if there was something wrong with my signature, i guess that would've come back to me the next week (?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

I would be thinking like Dave1982 is... you may have missed a signing date. You need to call into your sw office.

Ah well, i'll know first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the suggestions/advice everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭garbeth

Last signing date was last week so I think you may have missed a signing date you should be able to sign in the sw office

There was signing today also...but in view of the fact the OPs money was not in this week would look like they should have signed last week. OP let us know how you get on and what the problem was.

My last sign in date (that i knew of) was 11th of Nov and at the time was told the next one is in Feb.

Could i still have missed a sign in somehow?

• Advertisement

My last sign in date (that i knew of) was 11th of Nov and at the time was told the next one is in Feb.

Could i still have missed a sign in somehow?

Each office has differing signing criteria... yours is every 3 months from what you say. The best thing you can do is call int sw office and see why you didnt receive any money.

Just been to my local office.

Was told i'm being sent on a course, and to come back tomorrow and ask for the supervisor.

I'm not unwilling to cooperate, but the way in which they communicated this to me is a little abrupt...Could they not have sent me a letter instead?

Almost feels like i'm being punished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Just been to my local office.

Was told i'm being sent on a course, and to come back tomorrow and ask for the supervisor.

I'm not unwilling to cooperate, but the way in which they communicated this to me is a little abrupt...Could they not have sent me a letter instead?

Almost feels like i'm being punished
    You should lodge a complaint about this as it does seem to be unreasonable not to contact you in advance of stopping your payment. See here: http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Comments-or-Complaints.aspx

Advertisement