Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Log 2014/15

Options
  • 02-12-2014 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Ok so I really haven't been doing as much study as I should this year so I'm hoping this thread might help!
    My subjects are (all HL):
    English
    Irish
    Maths
    Spanish
    Biology
    Chemistry
    Accounting

Hopefully this will let me keep a better track of my revision!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 lipcious_xx

Hoping to make the most of the day off today, hope to revise:
    Spanish Oral Chp 1-12
    Spanish Rolaplays 1-4
    Biology Chp 37,38

Got a fair but done today still have to learn the role plays for a Spanish Oral on Thursday
    My aim for tomorrow is to focus on Spanish and get the roleplays learnt. Won't have much time as I'm going to a show but hopefully I'll get them done 👍

So my Spanish oral went much better than expected which is such a relief!
    Today I did my weekend homework plus:
    Irish SP 1
    Accounting Tabs and Club accounts

Tomorrow I'm hoping to revise:
    SP 2-5
    Accounting Product Costing and Cash Budgets
    Biology Chp26,27,28

Ok so homework nearly finished just an English comprehension left. After that it's into the sraithphictiúrí! 😬 Irish oral on Monday so need to get going with them!

So Christmas revision hasn't been going as well as I hoped but I'm really going to try to get a good bit done today:
    Irish revise sp 1-5
    Biology Chp 1-3
    Chem Chp 4
    Spanish Comprehension

I've done a far bit of maths and I'm doing English grinds tomorrow so this should be alright for today ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Ok so 3 and a bit weeks to the mocks overall I'm not feeling too stressed... Yet...
    Today I had Spanish grinds for 2 hours so only got my homework done

Tomorrow I'll do my weekend homework (well hopefully) and make out a study plan for the rest of January
    25 days left til English Paper 1...

Ok so I had a reasonably productive day today. Here's what I got revised:
    Biology Cell Diversity & Structure, Enzymes, Study of Ecosystem
    Chemistry Stoichiometry
    English Grinds this morning did Othello

Tomorrow I'm hoping to do Chem Gas Laws and a SP for Irish

Study is actually going reasonably well!
    Today I did:
    Chemistry Chp 4,7,8
    Maths Algebra

Tomorrow the plan is to just get my homework done with 2 hours of Spanish grinds!
    18 days to go 😬

Ok so 6 days to go! I've really just been doing homework for the last week or so but I'm going to start my own final revision tomorrow 👍
    Also have Irish and Spanish listenings so hopefully they won't be too bad!

Ok so plan for today:
    Learn my Othello quotes
    Then I have English grinds so after that:
    Biology Chp 16,17,18,29,30
    Accounting Theory on Control, Dep & Reval, Incomplete, Costing

• Advertisement

Ok so tomorrow's the big day! Honestly I'm just going to try get some sleep I'll update how the exams go throughout the next two weeks 👍

English paper 1 done! Overall it was a fair paper but it was very samey - all the questions were very similar!
    Today I need to learn my quotes for othello and poetry and pray that Frost makes an appearance tomorrow!

Ok mock update!
    English 2 went reasonably well, got it finished, made a mess of unseen poetry though! Overall I'd be disappointed with less than a B1 in English

Biology: didn't cover the whole course so a bit of guess work was necessary, what I'd studied i flew through, optimistically hoping for an A2 but I can't really complain with a B

Accounting: there was a misprint on product costing q and I had to get one of the teachers to get the accounting teacher to ask about it, which wasted a fair bit of time! 😕 I got it finished though and I'd say it'll be my best shot an an A1!

I'll update as I do more exams!

Ok if this week has taught me anything it's that cramming the night before doesn't work anymore!
    I mean none of the mocks have gone disastrously or anything but I know I could be doing better 😠
    Nearly fell asleep in my exams today I'm that exhausted so early night is in store!!!

Today I had:
    Maths 1 it wasn't too bad really made a mess of financial maths and polynomial graphs though
    Spanish: the comprehensions were really difficult apart from that I can't complain I'd say maybe a B1/B2

4 more exams to go starting with Irish 1 tomorrow, I'm just going to look over some essay Vocab, then maybe watch an episode of suits, then off to bed 👌

Ok so Irish done, don't think it went too badly although I ended up writing an essay on something we hadn't covered.. 😕

Comprehensions were fine, poetry was fine, I hadn't really done enough study for An Triail though

Optimistically hoping for a B1
    Chemistry and maths paper 2 left then I'm finished!

Had chemistry today it didn't go too badly considering, although I hadn't covered 2/3 experiments that came up 😬😬😬
    Maths paper 2 tomorrow and then I'm finished! Feels like the mocks have been going on forever!!

Haven't been updating this purely because I took midterm off!
    The new term has hit me like a tonne of bricks so I'm going to start up a study plan again tomorrow! 👍

Tomorrow I've a Spanish oral so I'll post how that goes but we've been told not to expect the mocks back for at last another 2 weeks... By which point I'll have forgotten even doing the exams but sure what can you do 😬

Figured I may as well post mock predictions here:

Subject | Grade
    Biology | A2
    Chemistry | A2
    English | A2
    Irish | B1
    Maths | A2
    Spanish | B2
    Accounting | A2

Some of these are a tad optimistic but sure if I can get anywhere close to this I'd be delighted!

So my Spanish oral went really well, I got 89%, on one hand I'm absolutely delighted but I'm also slightly disappointed that I lost a mark in the roleplay because there was a grammar mistake in what my teacher gave us to learn off!
    If it wasn't for that I would've got an A1!

Still no mocks back... Getting annoying at this stage!

• Advertisement

2 mocks back today!
    English didn't go too well, I got a B3 which was less than I was hoping for but at least there's plenty of room for improvement!
    Accounting went so well though, I got 95% which I'm absolutely thrilled with!! Hopefully I'll get the rest back soon!

Advertisement