Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambulance documentry??

Options
  • 02-12-2014 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

I got stuck at a car accident in Wicklow last Friday afternoon and I noticed a camera crew with ambulance personnel talking to the cameras at the scene. Is there a new documentary going to be hitting our screens or was it for something else.

I also noticed 2 ambulance jeeps and the bike there. Would this have been for the sake of the cameras as the bike certainly would be an unusual sight on the country roads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There is something going on along those lines but I don't know the details. Someone I know in rural Wicklow had an ambulance crew at her house a couple of weeks back for her sick father, and was asked if she would consent to them filming (she didn't.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Juanito13

It'll be on tv3 in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭madmaxvideo

Funny you should mention that. Twice today I saw an ambulance followed by an RRV going towards Arklow, the strange thing was there was two passengers in the RRV with the ap and the first thing that came to mind was a camera crew in the RRV, very unusual for them to carry passengers, and two at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

The television crews are filming a 'fly on the wall' type of documentary on the National Ambulance. The production has been ongoing for a few months now with recordings taking place in various cities and towns in Ireland, the control room in Dublin is also involved so the public should get a good insight into the daily happenings of the type of calls we respond to. It is envisaged that the series should on television in the first quarter of 2015.

Advertisement