Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacement beverage

Options
  • 02-12-2014 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

With good intentions, I go out in the hope of not drinking but always default as there is simply nothing nice to drink. I never have any sugary crap, bitburger drive maybe? Meh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

lufties wrote: »
    With good intentions, I go out in the hope of not drinking but always default as there is simply nothing nice to drink. I never have any sugary crap, bitburger drive maybe? Meh.

I'm the same. I hate sugary stuff like mi wadi or anything fizzy and I'm fair not drinking water in a pub. I'm kind of afraid to go near alcohol free beer because the taste might be enough to push me off the wagon.

Basically I don't have any answers for you but I'd be very interested in what more experienced boardsies have to say on the matter...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

GerB40 wrote: »
    I'm the same. I hate sugary stuff like mi wadi or anything fizzy and I'm fair not drinking water in a pub. I'm kind of afraid to go near alcohol free beer because the taste might be enough to push me off the wagon.

Basically I don't have any answers for you but I'd be very interested in what more experienced boardsies have to say on the matter...

+1000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

Personal favorites to drink in a bar

1. Light Tonic Water with lemon
    2. Coke Zero
    3. Sparkling water

I do also drink NA beer, as long as it is erdinger or clausthauler

Personal favorites to drink in a bar

1. Light Tonic Water with lemon
    2. Coke Zero
    3. Sparkling water

I do also drink NA beer, as long as it is erdinger or clausthauler

Does the taste of beer not drive you mad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

GerB40 wrote: »
    Does the taste of beer not drive you mad?

Not really, when it's warm - it is really refreshing

the other thing is - I can only take one or two of them before I'm sick of it and get something else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I mostly drink herbal teas or sparkling water with some lime.

realies wrote: »
    I mostly drink herbal teas or sparkling water with some lime.

Now that you mention it, every time I've been to the pub since I stopped drinking I've always drank tea. The barman knows me so he doesn't mind and it's always during the day. If I asked for a cup of tea when I'm meeting up with the lads for Christmas in any other pub I'd probably be told to fùck off.

I can only imagine someone ordering a round. "So that's three Guinness' a pint bottle of cider, four jager bombs and a cup of tea without sugar". It should actually be a good laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭hubba

I tend to drink one or two diet drinks then go to water but it would be nice to find some drink that's a 'treat' without being sickening. I like the sound of tonic water and lemon or sparkling water and lime, thanks for the suggestions.

By the way, there's no way I could drink AF beer, it's way to near the real thing and I'm taking no chances. Just like I'd never mess around with any type of replacement cigarette. But each to his/her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Soda water and lime is good I have it sometimes if I'm driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

my brother stopped drinking years ago, and always asked for tea in pubs when he met up with pals.
    maybe because he was in the local ones they never minded. having said that he now drinks way too much tea:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Ok I'll narrow it down , I'm going to a christmas jumper on friday and don't know what to drink as I don't wanna drink alcohol or water or sugary drinks.

Alcohol free beer is the only thing left I guess.

Advertisement