Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical Shower Problem - electrical pop sound

Options
  • 02-12-2014 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I moved into a new rented property a couple of weeks ago and have ad issues with the shower.

The shower in question is a Triton T80xr

On one occasion the shower cut off while in use, i suspected the switch was tripped on the MCB but it had not, the isolation switch/cord had jumped to the off position however, it started working a couple of hours later.. I suspected the water pressure dropped, but that's an amateurs guess..

Yesterday though, I was taking a shower and when i pressed the start/stop button at the end of the shower, I heard a loud pop/bang sound. The cord was in the off position and wont go back to the on position. The switch for the shower on the fuse box is down and when I tried putting it back up, I could hear the same loud popping sound and the switch stays down.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Blown fuse? Fault in shower unit? Fault in cord switch?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

peterflem2 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I moved into a new rented property a couple of weeks ago and have ad issues with the shower.

The shower in question is a Triton T80xr

On one occasion the shower cut off while in use, i suspected the switch was tripped on the MCB but it had not, the isolation switch/cord had jumped to the off position however, it started working a couple of hours later.. I suspected the water pressure dropped, but that's an amateurs guess..

Yesterday though, I was taking a shower and when i pressed the start/stop button at the end of the shower, I heard a loud pop/bang sound. The cord was in the off position and wont go back to the on position. The switch for the shower on the fuse box is down and when I tried putting it back up, I could hear the same loud popping sound and the switch stays down.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Blown fuse? Fault in shower unit? Fault in cord switch?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

I came across a pull cord switch like this about a year ago. Unfortunately for me this switch turned itself on as I was changing the pump. :)

You definitely need a new pull cord switch. That's probably all that is wrong. While you have an electrician there he will check the fuse /trip switch. This may need to be upgraded too.

Advertisement