Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Condition - habitable structure

Options
  • 02-12-2014 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Im looking for clarification on a condition that came back with my planning applictaion stating it could not be a habitable structure but used for incidental enjoyment to the main house - does this mean someone could sleep in the external room on a regular basis?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

No IMO it means that you can use it during the daytime/evening/night-time for entertainment, but can't have people sleeping in it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

tricky99 wrote: »
    Im looking for clarification on a condition that came back with my planning applictaion stating it could not be a habitable structure but used for incidental enjoyment to the main house - does this mean someone could sleep in the external room on a regular basis?
    no

habitable=sleeping/living
    Your architect should clarify this condition with the planning authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They don't want it used as a residence, certainly not a separate residence.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tricky99

thanks for that. Im sure I could use it odd time as spare room.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭overshoot

tricky99 wrote: »
    thanks for that. Im sure I could use it odd time as spare room.
    BryanFs answer was clear as day...
    not if your going to be planning compliant

• Advertisement
Advertisement