Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Market 2014

Options
  • 02-12-2014 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Is the christmas market on this year?

I seen somewhere online that it had moved to The Goods Shed at Mc Donagh but I went there last Sunday and there was nothing?

Does anyone know what's going on?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I heard, from no one in the know, so pinch of salt and all that. No garden shed wonderland this year because there wasn't enough people willing to pay what the council wanted, and no kids stuff this year because the operator of those didn't think it was worth his while after the council took their cut.

I heard something similar. What the council was offering just wasn't enough to get traders to take stalls. I hear that they are going back to the drawing board to provide something new for next year. Something that can take on the likes of winterval in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Have just heard that a stage is going on the parade for a few days before Christmas.. for musicans etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

In fairness last years effort in the Goods Shed @ McDonagh was dreadful. I felt sorry for those that had a stall there, or least those that were convinced to have a stall there as opposed to somewhere else.

Found the Mount Juliet Xmas Market by chance and it was incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

http://www.winterval.ie/

Only 30 minutes away and very good day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Indeed. Had a ticket for it last year and even the manky weather couldn't ruin the atmosphere.

• Advertisement
Advertisement