Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelmsford Manor, Celbridge

Options
  • 01-12-2014 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

I see a new phase was released last weekend in the above estate. Did anyone go see the show houses? In particular the 4 bed detached? Were there prices released or is it a sealed bid process?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

yellow hen wrote: »
    I see a new phase was released last weekend in the above estate. Did anyone go see the show houses? In particular the 4 bed detached? Were there prices released or is it a sealed bid process?

It's a completely separate estate to chelmsford being built by a different developer who built Chelmsford 20 years ago.
    The detached seem expensive 80 k more for the detached house over the semi detached 4 bed and the only difference is 20 odd sq foot.
    The developer of Chelmsford was delana/mulberry, while the developer here is Ray grehan, but it's being fronted by a crowd in Galway from what I've heard.

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

It's a completely separate estate to chelmsford being built by a different developer who built Chelmsford 20 years ago.
    The detached seem expensive 80 k more for the detached house over the semi detached 4 bed and the only difference is 20 odd sq foot.
    The developer of Chelmsford was delana/mulberry, while the developer here is Ray grehan, but it's being fronted by a crowd in Galway from what I've heard.

The same guy that declared bankruptcy and walked away from a hape of debt?

The same guy that declared bankruptcy and walked away from a hape of debt?

Bingo...although his bankruptcy has been extended until 2021 because he tried to hide assets. It's being developed by montane developments, but from what I've heard its been financed by a crowd in Galway.
    In the same way that McNamara is building on the green.
    just because they've not got the money to fund it themselves, doesn't mean they don't have the knowledge and know how to develop the site.
    Although we can all sit back and salivate on the fact that every penny that grehan earns until 2021 will be scrutinised and used to pay back creditors

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Bingo...although his bankruptcy has been extended until 2021 because he tried to hide assets. It's being developed by montane developments, but from what I've heard its been financed by a crowd in Galway.
    In the same way that McNamara is building on the green.
    just because they've not got the money to fund it themselves, doesn't mean they don't have the knowledge and know how to develop the site.
    Although we can all sit back and salivate on the fact that every penny that grehan earns until 2021 will be scrutinised and used to pay back creditors

He is the developer behind my estate, Rhatigans are named all over the site and they have been working six days a week for the last 5 months to get the last block finished. They are currently working on the ground works and landscaping to get the place suitable for viewings.
    If it's the same crowd they will work like the clappers to get any outstanding work finished and ready for sale.

He is the developer behind my estate, Rhatigans are named all over the site and they have been working six days a week for the last 5 months to get the last block finished. They are currently working on the ground works and landscaping to get the place suitable for viewings.
    If it's the same crowd they will work like the clappers to get any outstanding work finished and ready for sale.

It's a case of get them up asap, get them sold asap and get the money in the bank. They don't know what way the market is going to turn, they don't have the money to sit on land or invest in it for that matter. Hopefully they'll be built to a decent standard though and not like some of the crap that was built in 07

• Advertisement
Advertisement