Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 01-12-2014 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Been full time in my job for app7years. Boss tells me real casual over smoke 2 weeks ago my job is not sustainable anymore. He wants put me in diff department were I be working every weekend (am mon to fri ATM)be only female in physically hard job (warehouse based).last week casual again whilst smoking he announces he give me office work instead same hours ok grand. Now today he's back to scrap that no ur definitely working warehouse from tommorow and after Xmas he's changing my hours .its a case of suck it up or leave. As can imagine I've very stressed out over this can't sleep,headaches etc.any advice would be great

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If your job is not sustainable anymore then technically it's redundant

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ladyjuicy08

That's what I was thinking so guessing it is a case of suck it up do d hours Hes proposing or take a redundancy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Read up on your options before you officially accept any job change.

See if it's worth your while to be offered a redundancy package, rather than having to leave of your own accord in a few months if you hate the new role.

Yeah just a Matter of trying get him tell me exactly what story is ..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I can understand how stressful this must be OP. I would suggest that you keep a diary of every conversation you have with your boss from now on, as you may have to rely on your word against his should you have to pursue this through legal channels.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement

So follow up talked to boss and he negotiate with another manager for me cover office based role for couple months covering sick leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭skallywag

I'm finding it hard to follow your last post OP, do you mean that your boss has found someone to cover for you while you are on a couple of months of sick leave?

Advertisement