Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becher Chase

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Balbriggan definitely looks a GN horse in the making, that was an excellent run in Navan and never in doubt, 12s looks generous for this Saturday.
    Is he definitely running though? I thought the Welsh National was mentioned post race but could be wrong.

Thinking of giving Highland Lodge another chance though, form and jumping completely deserted him after a good run in last years Hennessy.
    He jumped well at Chepstow on his seasonal debut but tired in the end..and if they can get his jumping right and he can put in a round like he did in the Hennessy last year, he should be more than capable off 132.
    Big ask over these fences but there's definitely ability there IMO...
    Going to hold out and see if theres any 20s or bigger about him over the next few days and to make sure he's confirmed for the race. Currently 18s with Bet365.
    Bit of a cliff horse for me though so perhaps the blinkers are firmly on..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Balbriggan definitely looks a GN horse in the making, that was an excellent run in Navan and never in doubt, 12s looks generous for this Saturday.
    Is he definitely running though? I thought the Welsh National was mentioned post race but could be wrong.

Thinking of giving Highland Lodge another chance though, form and jumping completely deserted him after a good run in last years Hennessy.
    He jumped well at Chepstow on his seasonal debut but tired in the end..and if they can get his jumping right and he can put in a round like he did in the Hennessy last year, he should be more than capable off 132.
    Big ask over these fences but there's definitely ability there IMO...
    Going to hold out and see if theres any 20s or bigger about him over the next few days and to make sure he's confirmed for the race. Currently 18s with Bet365.
    Bit of a cliff horse for me though so perhaps the blinkers are firmly on..

Powers went a stand out 33/1 earlier and I just missed it. Left it thereafter. Would want more than 20/1 given he constantly disappoints but he has plenty of ability but he will drive you straight to the poor house

Our Father the other one I was looking at, but not at 16/1

Powers went a stand out 33/1 earlier and I just missed it. Left it thereafter. Would want more than 20/1 given he constantly disappoints but he has plenty of ability but he will drive you straight to the poor house

Our Father the other one I was looking at, but not at 16/1

Jaysus, annoyed it was only today that the 33s was available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Full house expected here due to free tickets given away about a month ago

Free Merseyrail transport on Saturday

42,000 expected

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Bangor Billy

Expected by who? Will be lucky to get 10,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

42,000 tickets was snapped up but there will be loads of spares

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Expected by who? Will be lucky to get 10,000.

That was in the Post on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pugw

Question! Are many if see merely out for a run in his one!? As in worriws about what the handicapper will give them in the GN!?? I think chance du Roy give. Hobbs form of late would be worth an each way bet

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

pugw wrote: »
    Question! Are many if see merely out for a run in his one!? As in worriws about what the handicapper will give them in the GN!?? I think chance du Roy give. Hobbs form of late would be worth an each way bet

Most of the runners are pretty exposed already and the ones that aren't will need a higher mark to even get into the GN. Would think most are out to win it. Nice pot also. GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭shy-tall-knight

Quite like The Package in this, showed up well for a long way in the National and likely to strip fitter for his comeback run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭rossom

Quite like The Package in this, showed up well for a long way in the National and likely to strip fitter for his comeback run.

That's the one I like too. 25s is huge

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

rossom wrote: »
    That's the one I like too. 25s is huge

Pipe said it in the racing post about 6 weeks ago. He said he is convinced there's a big handicap in The Package. Will have a few bob on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Unless I'm trippin Skybet look to be paying money back if your horse finishes 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Zarkandar

tomaussie wrote: »
    Unless I'm trippin Skybet look to be paying money back if your horse finishes 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th.

Yep, good offer alright. Up to a max of 25 but still worth going ew on something with them.

Backed Highland Lodge at 20s in the end.

If Sandown was at risk of being called off this morning due to frost would that mean the ground would be leaning toward the good side of soft?
    I'll be having a decent bet on Court Minstrel at 9/2 if this is the case!

Lasted till the first fence... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Doesn't look good for Balbriggan.

Doesn't look good for Balbriggan.

Looked bad unfortunately. Looked like the leg went.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Is it just me or was that a poor ride by Sam twisten Davies there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭DiamondDave88

ste2010 wrote: »
    Is it just me or was that a poor ride by Sam twisten Davies there?

Agree!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭kksaints

In fairness to Sam Waley-Cohen he has a fantastic record over the national fences. Real shame about Oscar Whiskey being killed in the Tingle Creek.

Advertisement