Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY OT HELP!

Options
  • 01-12-2014 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm in LC, and want to do OT. 3 universities provide the pure course at undergraduate level, but the points are so high! As well as that, my friends are going to UL AND I don't think I'm ready to pursue an intense 4 year course. I was thinking of either doing a nursing course or the psychology and sociology course in UL and following that up with a masters in OT. Is this a good idea? Would employment prospects be higher? Would it be a benefit to me in the future? And which would be more apt to the OT masters, pysch&soc or general nursing?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hannah94

Hey Cayla183! So I'm in 1st year OT and I just want to say it's not any more intense study wise than a nursing or social science degree! If you don't get the points I'd advise you do the nursing degree. The masters in ul is very difficult to get into and with a nursing degree you can work while you try to get into the masters and the healthcare experience will stand to you! Also don't choose a college based on where your friends are going! Go because you want to do the course! :) good luck with your leaving cert!!

Advertisement