Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas bonus casual worker?

Options
  • 30-11-2014 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

My husband gets social welfare cheque every Tuesday after handing docket in each week he works a 3 day week. I'm not sure if he will get the Christmas bonus though does anybody know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

It's depends on how long he is on claim. He has to have 390 claim days, if he has always worked 3 days per week it would take him approx. 2.5 years to reach that number of days. If he has 390 days then he would be entitled to the bonus.
    It won't be in his payment until week commencing 8/12 as casual claimants are paid a week in arrears.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Some weeks he had one day and for a while none but for over a year he's casual worker. Last few months it's been 3 days. I'd imagine he definitely has 390 claim days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Sue Ellen

lukesmom wrote: »
    Some weeks he had one day and for a while none but for over a year he's casual worker. Last few months it's been 3 days. I'd imagine he definitely has 390 claim days anyway.

Fully unemployed 390 days would mean he had to have a claim 1/9/13. So it really will depend how many days he has. Phone the office and see how many days he has. The system calculates it automatically so by tomorrow it should show the pending payment and they can confirm his entitlement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Sue Ellen wrote: »
    Fully unemployed 390 days would mean he had to have a claim 1/9/13. So it really will depend how many days he has. Phone the office and see how many days he has. The system calculates it automatically so by tomorrow it should show the pending payment and they can confirm his entitlement.

Ah right not so sure now then. That's what you get for being honest.

Advertisement