Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enfusion Confusion

Options
  • 30-11-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

I was at the Enfusion Confusion show last night, what an absolute shambles of a show. I just want to make clear, my criticism is of the organisers themselves, not the fighters, the fighters did themselves proud, the organisation however was shambolic.

The list of fcukups is huge but just off the top of my head...
    • Venue change the day before weigh in
    • Conflicting information on start/end time of the show
    • Unrealistic amount of fights matched just to try sell more tickets
    • Lies about drink being allowed while people watching fights
    • No fight card released until the day of the fight
    • Fight running order being made up as they went along
    • Round time being changed as fighters entered the ring
    • Titles and rulesets changes attempted on weigh in day
    • Incorrect gloves size being handed out
    • Money missing from fighters purses

Plus probably a host more issues that I didn't come across. About an hour or so into the show, one of the SBG gyms said enough was enough, pulled all their remaining fighters from the show, packed up their gear and left. Dead right to do so IMO.

The Enfusion name is pretty big abroad and there are real opportunities for Irish fighters to be flown abroad for fights and shows so I know a lot of fighters and coaches would be apprehensive about publicly denouncing the promotion for fear of being excluded from future opportunities but it needs to be said I think. Hopefully Enfusion can find someone who knows the importance of running a show properly and not just someone who seems adapt at milking a promotion for money.

Fair play to the fighters themselves for getting and doing the biz while having to deal with all that nonsense behind the scenes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Have to agree with some of what was said.
    Due to an un-announced schedule change, we were left with just under 25 minutes to get a fighter from his seat to the ring.
    3 venue changes in 48 hours was very confusing.
    And promoters making super massive cards, effectively trying to have 2 shows back to back, but only hire the ring, hall and staff once to effectively double the revenue is frustrating. I have to go off on here, excuse me...

It's frustrating for me as a coach because I have to get a medical with the fighter in the early afternoon but we're not fighting for 6 hours.
    It's frustrating for me as a fighter because, I have to sit in over crowded changing rooms and try and do warm up pads in a shower cubicle.
    It's frustrating for me as a fighters family member, because chances are, I'm not a fight fan, Ive just come along to support my family and I have to sit through hours of something I care nothing for to watch my friend/family etc. for 10 minutes. Even if I enjoy it, chances are I wont want to sit through another one and now fighters have less support, and less tickets sold, long-term.
    It's frustrating for me as a fan because none of the places I go to watch fights are comfortable and 5 hours in a school chair where is fuching torture.

Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DTB

Sounds like a right diaster.

To be honest I have no sympathy for any one involved.every one complains about the same promotor for the last 3-4 years but keep going back to get Thier fingers burnt.

The thing that's sicknes me the most is there have been some good domestic match ups from the thai comunity on his past few shows.Which I think should happen on shows that thai coaches run after all there the ones who have got the lads to where they are,not some guy who doesn't give a bollicks and only interested in lining his pockets and big up his ego

And the amount of miss matches on his shows is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

DTB wrote: »
    To be honest I have no sympathy for any one involved.every one complains about the same promotor for the last 3-4 years but keep going back to get Thier fingers burnt.

There is a significant difference in my mind between the incompetence displayed on his previous shows and purposefully not paying the promised amounts to fighters and officials this time round. One is unintentional bumbling and the other is basically stealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Rob01

You forgot the one where there was no scales for the weigh-in and it had to be purchased in Argos, just as well it was in the city center with one close by

How the hell does someone organize a weigh in day and not bring a scales?

I arrived for the pre-lims at 6.45 which were due to start at 6.30, wanting to see a fight that was meant to be near the end of the prelims at it was already over. :mad:

Advertisement