Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet White Wine

Options
  • 29-11-2014 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I am having family coming from Aussi & they like SWEET WHITE WINE. I dont drinK wine at all so I have no idea. Could anyone help. I would need exact names of what to buy. Hopefully no more than 10e a bottle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

hillbloom wrote: »
    I am having family coming from Aussi & they like SWEET WHITE WINE. I dont drinK wine at all so I have no idea. Could anyone help. I would need exact names of what to buy. Hopefully no more than 10e a bottle.

I usually find the German wines sweet.

however I had a pinot gris once and it was like drinking syrup it was so sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Look for romanian "dulce" white wines in eastern european shops

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

As sweet as they come... German Liebfraumilch from ALDI for under 5e a bottle:
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/drinks/wine-cellar/white-wine/white-wine-products-detail-page/ps/p/liebfraumilch/

If you look at a bottle of white wine, it typically has a number from 1-5, the sweeter the wine, the higher the number. This one's a 5!

To play it safe... while you're in ALDI, pick up a bottle or two of this as a backup, it's a 2 on the scale, so slightly swete.
    https://www.aldi.ie/en/product-range/drinks/wine-cellar/white-wine/white-wine-products-detail-page/ps/p/cambalala-chenin-blanc/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Seconded... That was v popular at the OBriens wine fair...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Gallo and Barefoot from california both do moscato, you should be able to get them in almost any off licence or supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Are you looking for a wine that's sweet or a dessert wine? Aldi are doing Canadian icewine which is very sweet and gorgeous. Its not cheap 29.99 a bottle. But, as a dessert wine, its drunk in small quantities. This is a really tasty wine and its rare to be able to get it in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I got a Riesling from Aldi recently that was quite sweet. About €13/€14 per bottle IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Gewurtztraminer is a nice sweetish white, Tesco have their own Finest version which is usually about 10 or 11 euro, really aromatic and very pleasant.

Advertisement