Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opfp

Options
  • 29-11-2014 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭

Hi, two questions.

1) if I move in with my boyfriend, who's not the father of my child, would I still be entitled to one parent family payment?

2) is there any way a single mother can get a house for herself and her child? I live at home (would this stand against me?) But need to move out as I'm not getting on with my mum's partner and it's creating a negative atmosphere for my child

Tia

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

1) No you can not get OPFP when co-habiting.
    2) For housing you need to get on your local council`s list (fill in forms ect)
    you can apply for rent allowance if you wish to rent a private house flat ect.

see here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/rent_supplement.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

loubian wrote: »
    Hi, two questions.

1) if I move in with my boyfriend, who's not the father of my child, would I still be entitled to one parent family payment?

2) is there any way a single mother can get a house for herself and her child? I live at home (would this stand against me?) But need to move out as I'm not getting on with my mum's partner and it's creating a negative atmosphere for my child

Tia

1. If you move in with your boyfriend then you won't be parenting alone so you can't get OPFP.
    2. There is a chronic housing emergency in the country right now. You should apply to your local authority to be put on their list but it will be years rather than months before your housed.
    If your accepted onto the list thenYou can go for rent supplement in yhe meantime but you will look for a place within financial limits different for each county. If you decode to cohabit then different riles will apply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Also, if you work over a certain amount of hours you may not be entitled to rent allowance.

Advertisement