Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number of solicitors in Ireland

Options
  • 29-11-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi can someone please tell me how many solicitors there are in Ireland? I've to do assignment and I can't find statistics anywhere :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Google the law society. One phone call will tell you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I've no idea where you were looking for info Engele, 20 seconds on Google gave me a fairly good indication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I would hazard a guess that there are two million solicitors in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Here's a good article for you OP with the requisite tears shed on how tough it is for barristers. Just in case your assignment ever leads you to wanting to enter the legal profession.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/barristers-struggling-to-survive-as-180-quit-in-a-year-29121339.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Here's a good article for you OP with the requisite tears shed on how tough it is for barristers. Just in case your assignment ever leads you to wanting to enter the legal profession.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/barristers-struggling-to-survive-as-180-quit-in-a-year-29121339.html

Would you get less marks in an exam for quoting the Independent or Wikipedia?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

harney wrote: »
    Would you get less marks in an exam for quoting the Independent or Wikipedia?

I've yet to find the sadistic bastard that wants sources in an exam :eek:

Well other than the loosely attributed academic commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Engele

thanks everyone I got in touch with Law Society and they gave me the info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Bear in mind that the figures are different depending on whether you're talking about those practising as solicitors, members of the Law Society, or non-practising solicitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Engele

Bear in mind that the figures are different depending on whether you're talking about those practising as solicitors, members of the Law Society, or non-practising solicitors.

Will do yea, I needed both practicing and not-practicing , the Law society had done their Annual report and I got all figures from there also got the gender balance and so on :) very useful report actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Engele wrote: »
    Will do yea, I needed both practicing and not-practicing , the Law society had done their Annual report and I got all figures from there also got the gender balance and so on :) very useful report actually.

Don't worry about sharing any of the info with us or anything...;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Advertisement