Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I worrying for no reason - Busy boyfriend

Options
  • 28-11-2014 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So my heads a mess at the moment and it's mainly my own fault.

Been with my BF for 2 years, we split up for about a week around this time last year and then took things from there and we were stronger than ever after that.

He's really busy with college at the moment and I just feel like everytime I call or text I'm being a nuisance and a burden. I tend to leave him be and only call or text once and if I hear nothing back then I don't push it. That's what killing me though, not hearing from him.

I know he's busy but I just really miss spending time with him and I'm feelin a bit pushed aside.

We've talked on the phone two or three times this week so he is still talking to me, everything seems fine. Spoke on the phone on Wednesday, just a regular chat. I asked him was everything okay with us and he said God yeah and that I had to stop thinking like that. I got upset on the phone last night because I just really miss him and now I'm worried I've freaked him out.
    I just feel really insecure and I'm afraid I'm gonna lose it all again if it push the subject of spending a bit more time together, I don't want to make matters worse and stress him even more.
    We're meant to hang out today but I haven't heard anything yet.

Feel like I'm potentially creating problems where none exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

cycie wrote: »
    <Mod Snip: Unnecessary quoted text>

Well in some colleges the exams start next week so if he has exams, or lots of work to hand in as its the end of semester now then its quiet likely he won't be giving you his full attention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Don Kedick

You need to relax. You've been talking regularly enough and he says everything is great. There's no reason not to believe him. He's just busy and once he has his college work finished you can spend more time together. Try not to worry too much about it because yes, that could cause problems. I'm sure he wishes he could spend more time with you also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cycie

Seems I'm my own worst enemy.
    Thanks for the input, really helped a lot.
    I really need to chill out and just breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭DeltaWhite

Hey OP

I was in the same situation as you last year and all I can say is, relax, take a step back, and let your bf do what he has to do. I know it's easier said than done but honestly it will help you and him. I understand you feel insecure, that's ok, lots of people feel those feelings. But I think if you busy yourself you won't feel so bad. I went through the same last year and I had many a fight with my bf. He's now in an even tougher year of college this year and I feel so calm and relaxed about it. I am really just there for him when he needs to vent and will be a listening ear when his work isn't going so well.

Try not to worry OP, don't overthink and just be there when he needs you. He's probably stressed out and might not want to talk to anyone about his work.

Next time you're talking to him, tell him you'll be there for him when he needs you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

OP, are you a student yourself? Maybe I'm wrong but I get the impression that you don't understand how stressful this time of year can be for students. If your boyfriend's course is anything like what I did, he'll be up to his eyeballs with essays, assignments and exams. It's telling that it was this time last year that you split up. It looks like this time of year is quite stressful for him and that last year he didn't handle it very well at all.

It is a good sign that he's still taking time out to ring you. I think you'd be pushing it to be wanting to spend more time with him just now. Chances are he needs it like a hole in the head. Try to remember that in a few weeks this pressure will be gone for a while and he'll be able to see you more often. In the meantime, keep yourself busy. Spend time with your friends (please don't tell me that you've dropped them in favour of your boyfriend) and do other things to keep your mind occupied.

• Advertisement
Advertisement