Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners runs - Wicklow/Dublin mountains

Options
  • 28-11-2014 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi

Im staying with a mate near Marley park for the weekend and am looking for some suggestions for a 10 - 12m route in the Dublin or Wicklow Mts.

I have done a lot of trail running but generally on river or forest tracks - rarely at any height. I have hiked in Wicklow many times so have good basic mountain awareness.

I just don't want to end up overestimating my ability and finding myself on top of something(ie a mountain!!) knackered and freezing and walking home.

Im thinking something like Kevins way from Glendalough up to the Wicklow gap - but Ive walked it a few times already and wouldn't mind somewhere new?
    What are the mountain meitheal trails like to run?
    thanks

r

Comments

Advertisement