Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I Receive UK Radio Stations on a DAB Radio

Options
  • 28-11-2014 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Thinking of getting a family member a DAB Radio for Xmas, as he has poor eyesight. However, he's not fond of Irish radio.

If I bought a DAB Radio, eg the Pure Digital One, would he be able to receive the UK radio stations? I remember when DAB radios came out there was promise of being able to pick up stations from across the world but not sure if this is the case.

Any advice would be extremely helpful.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Only if you are close enough to a transmitter in Britain or the North of Ireland. DAB in the Republic carries Irish stations only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Go for an internet radio instead. I bought this one and can't recommend it enough. It also has DAB as well as regular FM. Beautiful design and plenty of presents and a remote control which might help with poor sight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

If he/she is in Dublin and the house is wired for UPC, they transmit BBC stations on FM frequencies through the cable.

So if you got an FM radio with a coaxial aerial input, that might do the job. Using FM might be easier than negotiating an Internet radio.

No upc subscription required.

Advertisement