Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*** Match Thread*** Tuesday 2nd Dec Vs O'Dwyerski 9pm Colmcilles

Options
  • 28-11-2014 10:28am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭

No doubt about it, this will be a test.
    Need 3 points.

Cathal -
    Ciaran -
    Damo -
    Darren -
    Derek -
    Derek McL -
    Ed -
    Jules -
    Keith - In
    SteK -
    SteMcd -
    Dave -
    Calvin -
    Kieran -
    Al -
    Dave O'toole -
    Kenny -
    Jack -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

In.

They lost to Bowser 4-1 a team we lead 3-1 until we drew 3-3

We have it in us to beat them, just depends on team that shows up.

Do you need me to ask my mate Stephen. Where is that John / Patrick guy who played a game for us against tweppers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

Where is that John / Patrick guy who played a game for us against tweppers ?

Think you might be talking about me,

I'm in anyway.

-Jack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

in for this

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

in.

we need better shape and patience in this one if we are to win it.

They have 3 players who have 18 goals between them so obviously we need to find out their threat and lessen it.

in.

we need better shape and patience in this one if we are to win it.

They have 3 players who have 18 goals between them so obviously we need to find out their threat and lessen it.

4-1-4-1 = PROFIT.

Dont think we need to be bombing forward on flanks here and leaving centre backs exposed entire game, it's a small pitch if we stay compact we will be fine, we find it hard to break teams down in colmcilles who put men behind the ball, we should utilise the size of the pitch and break away as we have abundance of speed up top.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cathal - In
    Ciaran - In

Damo - Out (Baby arrived!)
    Darren - In
    Derek -
    Derek McL - In
    Ed - In
    Jules - Out
    Keith - In
    SteK - In
    SteMcd - Injured
    Dave - In
    Calvin - In
    Kieran - In
    Al - In

Kenny - In
    Jack - In

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

We will have to put in a performance for Damos new arrival now. Congratulations.
    Keith where is Dave O Toole?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Won't be around for the foreseeable future

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

gratz damo.

out. ankle injuries have poxy recovery times ;/

Just a small request but if people
    Could not call out match scores
    Tonight that would be great :) I wna watch the United game on the highlights thing on sky sports at 11

• Advertisement

**** I forgot to change my fantasy team. Forgot all about tonight's games.

**** me that was depressing, if not for ed they could have been in double figures.

Two of their players said to me they were lucky. I can see their point for the first 45 mins as we were by far the better team. Ten minutes of madness killed us. Could of went either way until they got the fourth. Should of been 3:2 at one stage.

yes there wrote: »
    Two of their players said to me they were lucky. I can see their point for the first 45 mins as we were by far the better team. Ten minutes of madness killed us. Could of went either way until they got the fourth. Should of been 3:2 at one stage.

crazy game to end up losing 5-1 considering it was 1-0 as we entered the last 10 minutes, 2-1 with 6 or 7 minutes left.

it went from being what should have been 3-2 with 5 or 6 minutes left, to 4-1 10 seconds later, really is amazing how games completely change on the basis of one decision.

in saying that though, the created at least 12 genuine top class chances and really expolited us in those last 10 minutes, they could have scored many more.

ive said this about 10 times at this stage, but we need to get back to basics - those guys played a flat 4-4-2 tonight, their full backs barely passed their own penalty box and they played with 2 excellent strikers who stayed up top all game, with 2 fast players in midfield breaking constantly.

at this stage, the vast majority of goals we have conceded this year have been counter attacks against teams we had a shed load of possession against. right now, if you sit back and defend deep against us, you will pick us off on the counter and beat us.

its happened 6 or 7 times now in the last 10 games - all the ball, just keep getting caught. second goal killed us also, really soft one to concede a free header from a throw.

Spot on with your analysis. Their LB never left my side and not once went over the half way.
    Crazy game all the same. Sickening losing that considering how we played for the cast majority. we need to learn from this, happening too often now. Des did say to keep it tight from the start in fairness.

crazy game to end up losing 5-1 considering it was 1-0 as we entered the last 10 minutes, 2-1 with 6 or 7 minutes left.

it went from being what should have been 3-2 with 5 or 6 minutes left, to 4-1 10 seconds later, really is amazing how games completely change on the basis of one decision.

in saying that though, the created at least 12 genuine top class chances and really expolited us in those last 10 minutes, they could have scored many more.

ive said this about 10 times at this stage, but we need to get back to basics - those guys played a flat 4-4-2 tonight, their full backs barely passed their own penalty box and they played with 2 excellent strikers who stayed up top all game, with 2 fast players in midfield breaking constantly.

at this stage, the vast majority of goals we have conceded this year have been counter attacks against teams we had a shed load of possession against. right now, if you sit back and defend deep against us, you will pick us off on the counter and beat us.

its happened 6 or 7 times now in the last 10 games - all the ball, just keep getting caught. second goal killed us also, really soft one to concede a free header from a throw.

Couldn't agree more, you can get away with this we will score more than you **** in the leagues were people have 2 left feet, you're up against good disciplined teams here and most of them play saturday / sunday ball and know how to keep their shape. We just get exploited way way to easy at one stage in the last 10 minutes our full backs were playing as strikers, it's just madness.

We also have a tendency to leave 1on1 when it comes to corners, again madness. They left 3 people at the back all night long, i didn't see there full backs go beyond the halfway line once, they recognized the pitch is small and pushing up only condenses the final third leaving little space to play in. They were compact in their own half and their wingers constantly came infield crowding the middle all the while leaving VAST amounts of space for their strikers to run down the field.

I don't agree with they were lucky, watching from the sidelines in the 1st half I counted 4/5 terrific saves from ED and one or 2 glorious chances they scuffed (the guy seemed to miss the ball from 6 yards) we did have a few chances and we did have most of the ball but in comparison to theirs it wasn't worth talking about.

Dominating possession means **** all when you lost 5-1

It was a bad loss we will have to go out there next week and make it right

just one thing the last night that could explain our last 10 minute collapse, i think our team lost its shape completely.

we ended with Kenny moving to rb, keith to lb, jack to the wing etc etc. i think during the course of the game, we made at least 7 changes and in a tight game, this can be crucial. of course we picked up a couple of knocks and subs need to be made, but i think a couple of lads were out of position and it killed us.

ill put it to you this way - the center half would not have run 60 yards unattended for a free header for the second goal had we been more solid and from that throw in question we had 4 lads marking one - i was shouting at them lads to track runners, but i was so fixated with the fact we had 3 spare men, that i didnt actually see the center half coming.

id be pretty sure that the opposition finished the game with all 11 players in the same position.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I think there is currently a lack of replacement defensive options. With Al injured midgame, Jules away, Damo away, there was no replacement full back.

Calvin had to go right back temporarily and Keith over to left back. To get him back forward, Kenny came back over to cover and Keith was wrecked by the end (style of play is very work-heavy on fullbacks). With three out, there's no replacement options at the back other than those filling in.

Advertisement