Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sugar Glass Ideas

Options
  • 28-11-2014 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello there, does anybody have any experience in making sugar glass products? I am looking to create some sugar glass bottles to replicate beer bottles ??I would be unfamiliar with creating these or even knowing where to go to purchase items like this? Any info would be great.Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

There are loads of instructables/vids on how to do them with basic household ingredients and a few moulding essentials (or you can experiment and make them work without buying mould release etc). Hard to know how to answer - do you want to make 1 or 100? DIY would be the way to go for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 EoinMcLove

I am looking for in and around 10 I say so not a big bulk. Thanks for the reply , I will search some videos and try to avoid the materials to create the moulds. If you have any links to some good demonstration video's ,please do pass them on .Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44SGDcOjZH8

Alginate gel seems to have been used for the moulding process - dentists use this - a friend of mine picked up some really cheap from a dentist as it has a use by date and therefore they could not use it in surgery. Like most things it's cheapest off E-Bay - unless you know someone in the medical supply business.

Advertisement