Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I raise the rent?

Options
  • 27-11-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

Can I raise the rent in my 3 bed house. They pay monthly and never signed a contract. How much notice do i have to give?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, but once every 12 months, and only to the market rent for the area and type of property.

Give them 28 days notice, in writing. But be nice and tell them about it in person beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Yes, but once every 12 months, and only to the market rent for the area and type of property.

Give them 28 days notice, in writing. But be nice and tell them about it in person beforehand.

Ok thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I think a letter is sufficient. If you are a LL in Dublin city. There is no point doing a 2 hour round trip for something which can be explained in a letter.Although I do think its the courteous thing to do, but not everyone has the time for it. Just a letter is sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If they've been badgering you with crap, send the letter.

If they've been good tenants, ring them, as they may to haggle your proposed rent.

End of the day, though, it's your call.

Advertisement