Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric fence

Options
  • 27-11-2014 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi, I'm trying to set up an electric fence . What I have is a 12v battery from a car, it's fully charged. I ran 2 lines of fence, 1 low and 1 high. I have a PEL 901b electric fence unit. I have the positive side of the unit going to the 2 lines of fence and the negative side of the unit going onto an earth bar I have driven into the ground. I can only get a tiny shock from, nowhere near the shocks I've received off fences over the years. The earth rod I used is a little rusty, would this effect the severity of the shock

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

how long is the fence,how charged is the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Elsie161211

Both lines would be around 200m each. The battery just came of charge this evening, also put a meter on it and it's fully charged. The fence unit is making the clicking noise every few seconds like I've heard others make

I only have the one earth rod driven

Do the 2 ends if lines need to be joined?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 georgepower

The earth rod should be galvanised really, not rusty. If you touch off the rod and you get a shock its not doing its job and you need a better one or maybe another earth bar adding to set up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement