Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal of Offset Mortgage by Danske Bank

Options
  • 27-11-2014 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have recently taken a case to the FSOB with regard to the termination of my offset Mortage facility by Danske Bank on foot of a commercial decision by the bank to terminate its hosting of 'domestic' accounts. While the terms of settlement proposed by the FSOB were toothless; it did rule, in my particular case, that the termination of my offset facility was wrong. I believe from my correspondence with the chief investigator of the case that there are many folk out there that made similar complaints to the FSOB which I am not privy to. The purpose of this post is to find you such that we can connect and maybe, just maybe, as a group seek proper address for the utter disregard that Danske Bank has shown to this particular group of people. If you know anyone in such a situation you might please direct them to this post. many thanks. here's hoping that social media is as powerful as we are led to believe! :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

type in facebook dot com/DanskeRipOff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Moved to Banking

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bananna Republic

found it ...many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bananna Republic

found it ...FB page that is ...many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭kennM

I have recently taken a case to the FSOB with regard to the termination of my offset Mortage facility by Danske Bank on foot of a commercial decision by the bank to terminate its hosting of 'domestic' accounts. While the terms of settlement proposed by the FSOB were toothless; it did rule, in my particular case, that the termination of my offset facility was wrong. I believe from my correspondence with the chief investigator of the case that there are many folk out there that made similar complaints to the FSOB which I am not privy to. The purpose of this post is to find you such that we can connect and maybe, just maybe, as a group seek proper address for the utter disregard that Danske Bank has shown to this particular group of people. If you know anyone in such a situation you might please direct them to this post. many thanks. here's hoping that social media is as powerful as we are led to believe! :)

This has been covered extensively on another thread and should give you a very good update on where things stand, a number of affected customers have also been updating as things go... myself included.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057072686

Hope it helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement