Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday

Options
  • 27-11-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭

Interesting enough card at Dundalk tomorrow. Tony Carroll sends over 4 from England, he's been red hot this year, so I might just do a lucky 15 with all his runners for kicks. Also, I know one horse that Peintre Celebre will be backing. Perfect Ten is another in the last that I have had my eye on - think this one has a good race in it, not sure if tomorrow will be the day though, a tough race for it assuming it gets a chance to go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Good cards at Doncaster and Newbury tomorrow. A few I like- At Newbury Quick Decisson at 9/2 in the 12.55, I think he'll love this ground and should go very close.

In the following race McCoy gets down to 10 stone 5 which is very low for him, to ride Unique Design Cottes @ 10/11, this is his second run back after a lay off and he should win. However there is always the risk of the bounce factor and if he fails to fire Tagrita at 15/2 looks a great ew bet. Interesting novice chase and handicap chase on the card also.

At Doncaster in the opener Dundee at 13/2 and Broadway Symphony at 20/1 are both interesting contenders. Both failed to get round last time but if standing up they have big chances. At 2.30 Shooters Wood is a big price at 20/1 if rediscovering his best form.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Spes Nostra in the 7:25 at Wolverhampton has been a bit of a revelation on this track winning 4/4 attempts. Horse has consistently routed the opposition, and while this race is a step up in class, surely 8/1 (Betfred) is far to big to be passing up.

NAP of the day has to be Knocklayde Sno Cat in the 12:35. 7/4 best price will Bill Hills isn't a great, but this one made very eye catching progress late enough in the race last time out. Might have just won then with a more positive ride, but with that run behind it and some dough as well, I would be shocked if it didn't win today. Have watched a couple of re-runs with the 2nd favourites (Tara Mac and Definitely Glad) and don't see anything in those runs that suggest that they will have the class to overturn this favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Not chancing that horse Francie until he learns to break well and I still don't know what his trip is.

Not big stakes but chancing two tonight. Your Pal Tal caught the eye two runs back and has a nice rating of 66 with a claimer taking off another 4. 7 is his trip and 10/1 is too big

Timjoe is risky in the last but has good course and distance form and is well weighted. Good back to lay bet at 20/1 he should trade lower if he does his usual front running tactics

NAP of the day has to be Knocklayde Sno Cat in the 12:35. 7/4 best price will Bill Hills isn't a great, but this one made very eye catching progress late enough in the race last time out. Might have just won then with a more positive ride, but with that run behind it and some dough as well, I would be shocked if it didn't win today. Have watched a couple of re-runs with the 2nd favourites (Tara Mac and Definitely Glad) and don't see anything in those runs that suggest that they will have the class to overturn this favourite.
    Drifted massively before the off, never traveled, asked for no effort at the close. Rotten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Barenger in the 12.55 Newbury has lots in his favour today I feel, full of quirks but should be capable off his current mark.

Flannery in the 8.10 Dundalk is another one I've backed, not sure if tonight will be the night but I'd be near certain that this one is better than 67.. Connections paid a big price for him and he was tenderly handled in his maidens.
    Oliver more than capable of getting improvement out of these sorts and I'd be very surprised if Flannerys not rated significantly higher in a few months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Nedera in the 8.10 Dundalk. I was in a bookies today and a man walked in and put €1500 on invincible ridge he said Morris was the best jockey in the world for this type of race. We all thought he was away with the birds as Morris is good but world class was a bit of a hyperbole. Anyway Morris squeezed through the smallest gap in the race to win and your man skipped out the door with €4100 after putting €600 on this horse above. I'm just going for him as your man got the Morris race right so i'll through a few quid on this horse.

Speculative trixie on Queen Aggie, Nedera and Shalambar. Also a small single on Perfect Ten at 9/1 in the last at Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Alvar in the next. I've resisted backing anything so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Flannery in the 8.10 Dundalk is another one I've backed, not sure if tonight will be the night but I'd be near certain that this one is better than 67.. Connections paid a big price for him and he was tenderly handled in his maidens.
    Oliver more than capable of getting improvement out of these sorts and I'd be very surprised if Flannerys not rated significantly higher in a few months time.

Withdrawn at the start after a big gamble..17/2 into 4/1... raging as I won't be getting 10s next time out.

• Advertisement

Howjoe1 wrote: »
    Alvar in the next. I've resisted backing anything so far

Winner !

only followed race on Betfair. Pretty sure it was trading at over 100/1 ? must have come from the clouds. Another Halford winner at Dundalk.

a small ew on Noble Call in the last. Also win back at 95s on Betfair

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Not chancing that horse Francie until he learns to break well and I still don't know what his trip is.

Not big stakes but chancing two tonight. Your Pal Tal caught the eye two runs back and has a nice rating of 66 with a claimer taking off another 4. 7 is his trip and 10/1 is too big

Timjoe is risky in the last but has good course and distance form and is well weighted. Good back to lay bet at 20/1 he should trade lower if he does his usual front running tactics

Great picking sir. Timjoe travelled like a winner for most of the race and Your Pal Tal was caught pretty close home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Cheers Greg Timjoe traded 6/4 from a BSP of near 40, would have been nice. Alas

Advertisement