Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA v JSB question

Options
  • 27-11-2014 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey everyone,
    Just asking this here cause I can't find the answer anywhere else.
    I didn't work for most of 2012, but I worked full time since December 2012 earning about 600-1000 gross per week.
    I know for jobseekers benefit they look at two years ago for your insurance credits, so for 2012 its pretty much zilch.
    However I'm wondering can someone sign onto JSA say tomorrow and then when January comes around sign onto JSB looking at their insurance credits for 2013? or once your on JSA you're stuck on it til you sign on off again.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

If you will be financially better off on jsb then yes you can apply for jsb in January. The new governing year applies from the first Monday in January. If the payment rate is the same then you are better off staying on allowance as benefit it taxable.

Advertisement