Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hennessy Gold Cup

Options
  • 27-11-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

I’m going to get a bet in here early for my main fancy for this as the price is only going to get lower.

I think this race will really suit Unioniste, he is a dour stayer and looks to love soft ground. He ended last season poorly but will surly be ready for this race. The stable are on fire at the moment. 20/1 looks a cracking EW bet

2 Points EW Unioniste Various

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I like his chances too Aidan,mind you i've a shortlist of 3 or 4. One i can't have at the prices is Djakadam,fell last time out,has a habit of putting in a bad mistake. His 2 runs in fields with double figure runners have resulted in an unseat and a fall. Has only had 3 chases in his career,all in all not 1 bit tempting to me.
    Any word who rides Triolo D'alene? Niko De Boinville claiming a few pound would make him of interest. Another i give a squeak is Annacotty if he gets an easy lead in his favoured conditions.

Best price 16-1 now Aidan. The bookies must be influenced by your opinion!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

I backed smad place and rocky creek the other week both ew at 10/1 and 14/1 so hope they go close, they are both near top weight but rocky can half carry a good amount over a big trip as seen in the national and last hennessy he is a solid performer. Rsa history bodes well in this race and hopefully smad continues the trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Fingal Bay has plenty going for him. The stable couldn't be in better form, the horse has a great record when fresh, and he's won a Grade One over hurdles at the course. He's still unexposed over fences and if Hobbs has managed to regain the horse's confidence over the larger obstacles, 8/1 is a fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Fingal Bay has plenty going for him. The stable couldn't be in better form, the horse has a great record when fresh, and he's won a Grade One over hurdles at the course. He's still unexposed over fences and if Hobbs has managed to regain the horse's confidence over the larger obstacles, 8/1 is a fair price.

Agree with you. I had €25ew on him last night with my local bookmaker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

another for fingal
    the horse has never let me down, great price ew

saver on smad also for me

paddy will be enhancing djakadam at 1pm for anyone brave enough to go in
    I'm guessing around 7/1
    max stake will probably be 13 euro
    they are doing enchancements every hour till 6, mostly footie though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Backed Merry King earlier in the week at 20/1. Fifth in this last year off two pounds higher, he's always hinted at having a good handicap in him. Gets in as bottom weight and AP rides. Should get a run for my money

• Registered Users Posts: 16,406 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

A lot of weary horses coming home at Newbury today, ground looks very testing.

mailburner wrote: »
    paddy will be enhancing djakadam at 1pm for anyone brave enough to go in
    I'm guessing around 7/1
    max stake will probably be 13 euro
    they are doing enchancements every hour till 6, mostly footie though

djakadam + irving 14/1 is the offer on now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

mailburner wrote: »
    djakadam + irving 14/1 is the offer on now

looks about the right price.. i dont know how he is so short..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

I'm pretty strong on merry king and unioniste in this race tomorrow. I think tomorrow will be his day. Can't have smad place, I reckon we've seen the best of him over fences.
    Djakadam price is about as stupid flemenstars price in the irish hennessy in 2012.
    I can see many clouds, unioniste, merry king and rocky creek fighting out the finish..
    Took both at fairly big prices during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭coopdog85

ste2010 wrote: »
    I'm pretty strong on merry king and unioniste in this race tomorrow. I think tomorrow will be his day. Can't have smad place, I reckon we've seen the best of him over fences.
    Djakadam price is about as stupid flemenstars price in the irish hennessy in 2012.
    I can see many clouds, unioniste, merry king and rocky creek fighting out the finish..

Can't have smad place? The horse is progressing all the time & king has him spot on for tomorrow. He should be favourite for the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭oPATCHo

Merry King

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭nobody told me

ste2010 wrote: »

Smad place has had four chase starts and is an improving 7 yo who is trainer said is a stronger horse this year. I doubt we have seen the best of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

That's my view. I don't believe there will be a whole lot more to come from smad place. I think the RSA fell nicely for both smad place and o'faoilains boy. Carling ford lough may have won the race had he jumped a single fence properly that day. I also think not running over 90 days before the RSA didn't play into morning assembly's hands. I don't think Smad place will even place tomorrow, I will eat some humble pie if he does.

sad that only skybet go five places on this

atr have it spot on but the wrong way round :)

Top Tip: SMAD PLACE (5)
    Watch out for: FINGAL BAY (6)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

If djakadam wins tomorrow I will walk balls naked down grafton street on Christmas Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭solwhit12

The druids nephew for me even though the price has gone. The favourite is a shocking price he surely won't stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Am all over Rocky Creek for this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Can't believe the negativity around the favourite, 6/1 looks a right price,
    Mullins and Walsh going to England with a young improving horse alloted 10st 11. I will be getting stuck in. He looks like the horse with the potential to attain the highest mark of the whole field.

Annacotty is worth a few quid at a big price with the blinkers back on after his pipe opener to protect his mark.

I think Smad Place is still open to improve with a good jockey booking but carrying 11st 10 off 156 is too big of a task against Djakadam amongst others.

Might try a reverse tricast of Djakadam, Annacotty and Many Clouds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Shemale wrote: »
    Can't believe the negativity around the favourite, 6/1 looks a right price,
    Mullins and Walsh going to England with a young improving horse alloted 10st 11. I will be getting stuck in. He looks like the horse with the potential to attain the highest mark of the whole field.

Annacotty is worth a few quid at a big price with the blinkers back on after his pipe opener to protect his mark.

I think Smad Place is still open to improve with a good jockey booking but carrying 11st 10 off 156 is too big of a task against Djakadam amongst others.

Might try a reverse tricast of Djakadam, Annacotty and Many Clouds.

FFS did win on Djak and ew single on Annacotty and of course Many Clouds wins!

Advertisement