Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I screwed ?

Options
  • 27-11-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

So before I posted about a letter I got from the DSP and Im going today to sort it all out. However I want to know if I will be penalised for turning down work while claiming J.A. I read the welfare.ie website and iy says I shouldn't turn down a reasonable offer of employment, the job in question was 2 hours a day, 5 days a week which would have left me a good few euro worse off( I have dependents). I just want to know where I stand before I attend the DSP today.
    All advice will be gladly recieved thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Can't see how that job offer could be considered reasonable when it would have left you significantly worse off financially and unable to claim either jobseeekers or fis.

Just my opinion of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭letsgetloud

thats what i was thinking, however if i end up dealing with someone having a bad day it coukd be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

I think your experience will be a positive one. You might post back and let us know how you got on either way?

I think your experience will be a positive one. You might post back and let us know how you got on either way?

I will ill post up tonight. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

I turned down a job in the next town because the only train got me there at 7.30 am and I'd have to wait till 9.00am to start work. They were Ok with that.

• Advertisement

so I had a positive enough time today, At first she looked at me like I was lying but when she seen all the evidence I have she apologised alot, up to the deciding officer now but the other woman said I should be fine. But I wont hold my breath until pay day.

Advertisement