Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The housing market outside Dublin

Options
  • 27-11-2014 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Thought it might be useful to start a thread about the housing market outside Dublin, seeing as Dublin is quite a different entity to most of the rest of the country. Sometimes it's hard to get a feel for the rest of the country as the media focus is so much on the capital.

We're in the market at the moment looking for rural homes that are commuting distance from Limerick.

I see here in Limerick city that some houses in the sub 200k bracket are moving quicker, possibly due to the new Central Bank rules. In the county things still seem slow and some more expensive houses are dropping in asking price recently, again maybe due to these potential new rules. Anything in the 300k and above range is very slow.

So what are you seeing in your area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭The Spider

Definitely picking up in the Gorey area, but that's still within the greater Dublin Region I suppose, but have seen some interesting flips in the past while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭techdiver

Mullingar definitely picking up. A number of estates that were at a standstill are ramping up again and houses are selling.

I'm seeing significant price rises, which isn't good news to be honest (even though I just bought this year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

I think it's pretty stagnant in the Dublin commuter belt since the summer. This 20% deposit must be a nightmare for ftb's.

Advertisement