Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

panasonic hi-fi SA-PM30MD ...help!

Options
  • 27-11-2014 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭

Hi I acquired one of these recently. The best crisp sound I have ever heard from a reasonably priced domestic unit. It is Tape/MD/CD/Tuner/2 Aux's.

Trouble is that I think something has happened this great sound. It seems the tweeter (small cone) is giving out most of the sound and the woofer (big cone) is sounding very low bass and muffled.

I even tested the channel with the same speaker isolated and with a totally different sole speaker and it is the same. Also switched leads around etc..

This is a bi-amp unit and there are 2 sets of leads for each speaker channel (a set for woofer and a set for tweeter).

I am wondering am I just imagining has the sound changed or is it supposed to be like this (the little tweeter is the main 'slave' speaker and the woofer is to give very low bass background effect)? Note that the woofer sound is very very low.

Has the woofer output on the hi-fi half-blown?? Anyone help? thanks

Advertisement