Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspirational story

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Jeez, I've....I've just got something in my eye......:o

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭biketard

Hoo boy, that was something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

Jesus. impressive stuff. brings a new meaning to the phrase cool down!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Got send this video last night. Unbelievable stuff, people like that who have been through hell probably on the whole live more fulfilling lives because they take nothing for granted afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

Incredible stuff really, hard to imagine the guts it must take to get over the line, knowing that the inevitable crash is coming straight after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭TRR_the_turd

That honestly bugged the $hit out of me. Even my mrs thinks I'm been more cynical than usual! I think maybe I just hate those mini US heroic style documentaries!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

That honestly bugged the $hit out of me. Even my mrs thinks I'm been more cynical than usual! I think maybe I just hate those mini US heroic style documentaries!

You heartless bastard. ;)

I would usually agree with you, hate all that fluffy heroic crap but I think this one got to me a little more because it sucks to see such a talented young girl struck down with an awful disease like MS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

I'm kinda with the turd on this one. Now I had an uncle die after years of that disease so I do understand it's a bastad of a problem to have but the coach, Is that normal??? What if every runner's coach was screaming like that at their runner! 'Twould be bloody bedlam.

Then there's the accents, sorry. At least though she's not as big as her Mom and Dad. Christ, I think I need a glass of wine. Been a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Itziger wrote: »
    I'm kinda with the turd on this one. Now I had an uncle die after years of that disease so I do understand it's a bastad of a problem to have but the coach, Is that normal??? What if every runner's coach was screaming like that at their runner! 'Twould be bloody bedlam.

Then there's the accents, sorry. At least though she's not as big as her Mom and Dad. Christ, I think I need a glass of wine. Been a long day.

Put down the glass, go for a run and be thankful for everything good in your life on Thanksgiving Day ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

dna_leri wrote: »
    Put down the glass, go for a run and be thankful for everything good in your life on Thanksgiving Day ;)

Had done the run previous to the comment. Enjoyed the run and think the girl in the video is doing great. However, the schmaltzy American Hero stuff makes me suspicious.

And again, what's with the goddamn coach?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭DarByrne1980

thats unreal wonder what sort of times she is runnin and would she be ofered a scholership if she hadnt got that condition

• Registered Users Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭rom

thats unreal wonder what sort of times she is runnin and would she be ofered a scholership if she hadnt got that condition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kayla_Montgomery

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Funny enough, I thought the coach was the best part of the whole thing. Fair play to them both, that was great stuff.

Advertisement