Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for someone who fits these cameras

Options
  • 27-11-2014 12:07am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm a neighborhood watch scheme in Dublin 15. I'm looking to give my neighbors some information about getting a camera fitted to their houses to watch the front door that shown up on the TV.

I've fit a couple of these in my day and they are great if the person does not want to answer the door they just ignore it, much better idea then a chain.

The houses are standard units and most TVs are just inside the front window.

I'd like to have a fixed cost for the older neighbors to have the camera supplied and installed, I guess it would be best to say its just for TVs downstairs in the front room.

The can be black and white or colour, but the little night vision element would be great. Lidl sell them every now and then, this is a similar unit on amazon

They are units that have a PIR, scart lead, external mic and camera feed, when motion is picked up they auto switch the tv for a period of time before flicking back to the previous station/input.

Wired would be more reliable and cheaper.

Anyone interested could sent me a price a number and a spec of the camera, I'll add the details and we will be going door to door with info packs with bogus caller info, but this would be a nice element of security to offer

this is the micromark one i fit about 6 years ago for my mam, still works
    http://spareparts.ie/shop/Micromark-CCTV-Security-System-(MM23106).1471

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cctv-Camera-System-Domestic-Colour/dp/B008KHX070/ref=sr_1_29?ie=UTF8&qid=1417042103&sr=8-29&keywords=cctv+scart+camera#productDetails

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Hi Stoner. I don't mean to speak for the other lads but I don't think many pro's would install/stand over that gear as quality might be an issue.

I would recommend a small vandal resistant day/dome connected directly into the back of their TV. Their is no audio with with these though but they are extremely reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

I would recommend a small vandal resistant day/dome connected directly into the back of their TV. Their is no audio with with these though but they are extremely reliable.

Is there a particular camera you could recommend? Was think of doing something similar for an elderly neighbour.
    (sorry don't mean to hijack thread)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I wouldn't mind what the gear was. I put one in 8 years ago and another 4 years ago both working. I don't mind if more expensive units are used but the pir , auto switch to tv and audio are critical tbh

I just couldn't find all that in anything but the cheaper units . But work away with different stuff. Thanks Fred.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

I have looked to in the past and this type of camera is only available as a DIY system works well for the cost . I have not seen any better Argos did one for years with the motion detector in it and audio not sure if they still do

Advertisement