Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mic recommendations please.

Options
  • 26-11-2014 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for a good mic for stage singing. Budget around €150-€200.

Any recommendations please?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

SM58 is pretty much the industry standard

Used by everybody everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Cheers mate, was going to PM you about it so thanks for saving me the job. :D

They have a good name, the guys I play with said as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭johnnylakes

How about a Sennheiser e945? Great mic, you'll get more gain before feedback from those. A little more expensive than a 58, but I find them great!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

beta 58s are nice too

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 743 Mod ✭✭✭✭TroutMask

as are some of the Beyer Dynamics

• Advertisement

I'm going to go for the best quality for the price I am willing to spend. I don't plan on buying another one for a while.

I ended up getting the SM58, thanks for the suggestions.

I know I said I wouldn't buy another one for a while but it looks like a wireless one would come in handy,

any suggestions please? Nothing too costly as it will be mainly used with audience peeps.

Advertisement