Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coils, wicks and longevity

Options
  • 26-11-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

After 3 months on the smokegreen e-cigs, 3 months on the cheapo clearomizers and a further 12 months with my current iClear30b I'm now looking to upgrade to a setup that offers a more consistent taste for a longer period of time.

With the iClear coils I find that 1 coil will last roughly 12 days before I bin it, the taste it produces goes from smooth in the first couple of hours to progressively nasty - it's simply not cutting it for me.

The common clearomizer type also suffers this longevity problem only to more extreems.

The first e-cig type seemed to be the only setup that offered a smooth vape through the lifespan of the cartridge, but with those types not creating enough vapour, limited flavours and cost, they wont cut it either.

I've always vaped my juices at the lowest wattage, I've yet to come across a juice that needs that much heat without tasting foul, so it's not as if im blasting the ****e out of the wicks, there (for me) seems to be a problem with consistency.

Can anyone recommend a setup or has had a similar experience with consistency/longevity? ... I supposr the perfect setup would involve the ability to easily disassemble the coil and clean/replace wickw every other day to get the best vape all of the time.
    Maybe there are commercial or even diy kits out there?(so long as it doesnt cost an arm and a leg to replace coils)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

What you want is a rebuild-able tank or dripper. You make the coil yourself and put in a cotton wick, when you want to change it you just slide the cotton out, burn off any gunk on the coil and slip another piece of cotton in. There's literally hundreds of different options out there.

The coils look like this (dripper)
    375310d1411243705-pontus-vs-big-dripper-clone-img_0833.jpg

With a dripper you'll have to put in a few drops every 10 minutes or so, the tanks can hold anything from 2 to 5ml.

Some places sell pre made coils if you don't fancy messing with multimeters and plyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Aspire Nautilus with BVC coils are pretty good for consistency if you don't want to go the rebuildable route and coils are 2-2.50 a piece.
    Personally I would recommend taking the initial hit and buy a good variable voltage/wattage MOD, as much as I liked the Nautilus I was going through about 2 coils a week so at this stage my Joyetech Evic Surpreme and Eleaf Lemo have paid for themselves by not having to buy coils plus both flavour and vape production is far superior ( I do still have the Nautilus as back up but it doesn't get much use )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Here is an upgrade to the Pontus,these coils will last you a good 6 months or more & an excellent airflow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOVIFK0BsMc&list=UUrECbjs-V_Swe-TsURcbyAw

Advertisement