Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group Information Session: JSB

Options
  • 26-11-2014 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im in receipt of JSB for approx 5 months and received a letter to attend a mandatory Group Information Session for Jobseekers.

Im wondering if anyone has any experience of these as Im v nervous about it .. if it was a private meeting I would have no problem.

Im worried about running into other people from my local town (foolish I know), having to speak about my situation in front of others? Also, do many people attend? Is it generally across the board or a specific age group/ sector with certain qualifications etc?

Im asking as I have a degree and a masters and other qualifications so a course suitable for someone who has never worked or doesnt have academic qualifications wouldnt be very useful for me (no disrespect is meant to anyone with this comment).

Id really appreciate any info from anyone on this as Im quite worried.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Also, I presume there is no way I can call and say Im uncomfortable with the group aspect but happy to do any individual meetings which I believe are the next step after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭yiddo59

Did one of these almost 2 years back. Nothing to worry about. It's just a general information session where they give you info on courses and other options. You won;t be questioned about your qualifications or what you plan to do in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭dashdoll

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Same experience as yiddo, I had one last year.
    All sorts of people there, all different age groups.
    They just gathered everyone in a room and gave a presentation basically on what options are out there for the job seeker.
    They didn't ask anyone anything, it was really only if people wanted to ask them questions.
    I would advise going as they do check names for attendance.
    Never heard anything else back after that.

Advertisement