Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading & Leeds 2015

Options
  • 25-11-2014 8:02pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Metallica to headline Reading & Leeds 2015, Jamie T and Run The Jewels also on the bill

Metallica, Jamie T and Run The Jewels are among the first names confirmed to perform at next year's Reading & Leeds Festivals.

Organisers today (November 25) confirmed the US metal legends will headline the main stage at the event in 2015, their first time at the festival since topping the bill in 2008.

Also appearing next year is Jamie T, who made a surprise appearance on the Reading site this year, playing a secret show to a packed tent.

In addition, Run The Jewels, Refused, Manchester Orchestra, Pierce The Veil, and Wilkinson are also confirmed.

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/81339?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=reading2015#kva4B96T6Qj7IPvz.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

A few of us are heading over for Reading in August, if anyone has any advice (Best airport to fly to, where to camp etc.) to give it'd be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

A few of us are heading over for Reading in August, if anyone has any advice (Best airport to fly to, where to camp etc.) to give it'd be appreciated!

Id recommend leeds over Reading if youre yet to buy rickets, can fly into manchester, get a bus straight from there..
    Better atmosphere, people genuinely there for music,.not just to get on TV, good few more.Irish there too!

Plus at Leeds you've music throughout the night with 2 nightclub things in the campsites..

Just thoughts..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Id recommend leeds over Reading if youre yet to buy rickets, can fly into manchester, get a bus straight from there..
    Better atmosphere, people genuinely there for music,.not just to get on TV, good few more.Irish there too!

Plus at Leeds you've music throughout the night with 2 nightclub things in the campsites..

Just thoughts..

If it was up to me personally I wouldn't mind, must get the group consensus to see what we're doing though. Cheers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Libertines rumoured to be playing here too.

DylanAFC wrote: »
    Libertines rumoured to be playing here too.

if they headline it's a shambles

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

if they headline it's a shambles

Cant see them headline if they do play , it would either be a 2nd stage headliner or subbing again just incase they pull out

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Announcement on 2nd of Feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Leeds a way better than reading
    people are more down to earth and much better behaved than the reading crowd

Happy days ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

LEEDS is the way to go, much better setting, have been 5 times and it is by far one of my favorite festivals. Last year a lot of the bands even said Leeds was better.

srumball wrote: »
    LEEDS is the way to go, much better setting, have been 5 times and it is by far one of my favorite festivals. Last year a lot of the bands even said Leeds was better.

They prob say Reading was better when in reading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I don't mean to the crowd.. haha. Check out some of the reviews/interviews of both this year. The media presence is at Reading cause its closer to London but leeds is a much better atmosphere/crowd etc

Mumford and sons second headliners.

With royal blood, deadmau5, bastille, & catfish the bottlemen

Royal blood confirmed as main stage.

Wow what a let down, a travesty perhaps

Oh and some other dance thing featuring chase and status and other people.. Rebel sound..

Whatever they/that are..

Really disappointed with that one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The world has truly gone to **** when Mumford are allowed to headline.

If there were any justice they'd have been burnt at stake for the witches they are a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Level 5 Vegan

Lol I was at Reading a few years ago actually and I can't remember which band it was but one band definitely said Leeds was better, made me laugh, people got so upset! :D

Final headliner (Libertines) to be announced Tuesday.

Day tickets onsale then too, with a reduced price of £59.50.

10983260_10152606503310738_1171496099671065620_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

I count 4 acts I would want to see on that poster. 1 on the Friday, 3 on the Saturday, 2 of which look to be clashing. Not worth it but unless Metallica announce an Irish date, day ticket may be on the agenda!

Limp Bizkit into Knife Party sounds quite sexy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Tempted to get day ticket for Metallica/BMTH/Royal Blood.

Just the logistics need to be sorted.

Are they awkward to get to? Do buses/trains run well after the day ends?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Tempted to get day ticket for Metallica/BMTH/Royal Blood.

Just the logistics need to be sorted.

Are they awkward to get to? Do buses/trains run well after the day ends?

Was just thinking that myself flights to Leeds for the Saturday are only €47 atm it is very tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Was just thinking that myself flights to Leeds for the Saturday are only €47 atm it is very tempting

Here's last year's bus timetable, they seem to have had buses going after each night of the festival to Leeds Bus Station, so should be pretty easy to get to the airport from there.

Alexisonfire have been added to play just before Royal BLood

Alexisonfire have been added to play just before Royal BLood

Oh my.. Now that is good!!

Oh my.. Now that is good!!

Yup wish they would play over here but doesnt look like it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

WHAT?!?!
    brilliant news! went over to see them in Brixton on the farewell tour and they were amazing.

will probably have to head over for a day as can't see them adding more dates elsewhere any time soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm there

BabyMetal are opening the Main Stage on the Metallica Day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

BabyMetal are opening the Main Stage on the Metallica Day

It just gets worse :D:D. I suppose the special guest is someone playing at another fest? Could be Faith No More given they played both Download and R&L in 09.

Advertisement