Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe Registation Public Services Card

Options
  • 25-11-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

I received an appointment to get one of these but I haven't received a social welfare payment in over 3 years and don't have a travel pass.

Is this likely a clerical error?

I can't attend during business hours and the phone system is a nightmare.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

This seems to be case now. They are calling everybody or anybody who was on the system. Sent one to my wife but used my contact number to send reminder text. She has never been unemployed but would have claimed illness

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, my wife got one of these appointment letters, only thing we get is child benefit. Have never dealt with SW except to make that application.

People here might know; does she actually have to go? There's very little information on what it is or what it's used for.

She has no intention of going to the appointment, but there's mention in the letter of suspending the payment. So do you actually have to get the card, or what's the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

seamus wrote: »
    Yeah, my wife got one of these appointment letters, only thing we get is child benefit. Have never dealt with SW except to make that application.

People here might know; does she actually have to go? There's very little information on what it is or what it's used for.

She has no intention of going to the appointment, but there's mention in the letter of suspending the payment. So do you actually have to get the card, or what's the deal?

Yep. Legislation is in place that you have to go through an identity proving process for certain social welfare payments, including child benefit, if so requested. Payment can be suspended and as far as I know won't be reinstated without going through the process.

Advertisement